FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Tool & Gage Technician I plans and performs the work necessary to construct, alter, repair and inspect moderately to highly complex fixtures, gauges, tools and proto-type models using a variety of tool room equipment.
- Works on moderately to highly complex hydraulic/pneumatic fixtures and gauges. Plans and completes projects with technical assistance of Supervisor and Lead.
- Sets up and operates tool room equipment to efficiently machine components to print specifications.
- Analyzes assignments and establishes processes to fabricate gauges, fixtures or prototypes.
- Utilizes qualified measuring devices to monitor part dimensions through continuous checking of part features and process control tools.
- Demonstrates ability to develop, record and analyze the quality of any part being produced to optimize process quality and efficiency, using any measurement device.
- Responds to emergency work order requests from manufacturing departments and ensures a speedy remedy to keep production going.
- Works closely with engineering departments in the development of new processes and prototypes.
*Other duties as assigned by management
High school diploma or GED required. An Associate degree in Machine Tooling is preferred.
Five years experience in manufacturing tool room, CNC, and fixture building is required.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional requirements of this position include:
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly.
- Clear and persuasive speech, both written and verbal.
- Ability to program, set-up and operate a variety of CNC machines with support of at least two of the following CAD systems: Auto CAD, PEPS, PT4, Master CAM or CREO.
- Ability to read and interpret written information, including prints.
- Responsiveness and adaptability to changes in the work environment.
- Solid math skills and knowledge of sophisticated measuring and testing equipment.
- Understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems as they relate to fixtures.
- Proficiency in 5S & lean manufacturing concepts.
Enterprise Applications Software (ERP), Microsoft Office, Knowledge of Auto CAD, PEPS, PT4, Master CAM & CREO CAD systems.
Typical shop environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required.
Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Apply on company website