DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 257-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Express ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are the parent company of the Destin Emergency Care Center (DECC) and the Rehabilitation Institute, both located on Airport Road in Destin.
Director of Cardiovascular Services
Provide leadership for planning, management, implementation, growth, integration and coordination of the Cardiology Service Line in support of facility goals dedicated to excellence, effective leadership, and financial stability. Support the delivery of the high quality, cost effective patient care through activities based on facility strategic goals and objectives.Essential Functions:
Responsible for the planning and coordination of Cardiology Service Line activities including the operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Manages service line development, implementation and management activities, including:
- Facilitation of the planning process and implementation activities with division and hospital leadership
- Participation in the annual budgeting process
- Improvement of service line profitability (e.g., cost structure)
- Monitoring and ensuring service line quality (e.g., clinical outcomes, credentialing/privileging, processes, services, satisfaction). Align to division/market and national quality standards and best demonstrated practices.
Service Line Specific Performance Metrics:
- Market share stabilization/growth
- Net Revenue & volume growth
- Contribution and EBDITA Margins (Service Line P&Ls)
- Quality & Process Indicators (e.g., core measures)
- Successful service line development and implementation
- Physician Retention and Loyalty rates.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned by the Administrative Management Team. Meets all objectives as set forth in individual evaluation and displays a good work attitude towards job responsibilities.
- Directs development of specific short and long-range programs and project plans to obtain the facility objectives.
- Provides direction to the managers and supervisors of the Cardiology Service Line. Oversees performance of the department staff and approves staff evaluations by coaching managers and supervisors. Oversees appropriate disciplinary action of staff members through coaching managers and supervisors.
- Oversees the prioritization of projects and directs resources to ensure the attainment of departmental and facility goals.
- Effectively interviews and selects a qualified number of personnel as required to meet department objectives. Ensures hiring practices conform to appropriate Affirmative Action/EEO practices and regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring the department meets and adheres to all applicable federal, state, Joint Commission, and local regulatory agency requirements and for ensuring the department and facilities success in any regulatory survey.
- Participates on various committees and other task forces established by management to plan, organize and drive the facility.
- Directs and/or participates in regular discussions and reviews on a variety of diverse/complex issues including financial and administrative matters, which have hospital-wide impact.
- Responsible for making decisions required to maintain acceptable operations based on strategic goals and policies. Displays ingenuity and foresight in determining the most appropriate solution in the absence of established guidelines.
- Confers with other department directors when necessary to resolve procedural difficulties, clarifying department responsibilities and objectives, and resolving identified problems.
- Directs, reviews and analyzes progress and performance of all Cardiology related contracted services including making recommendations on contract initiation, renewals and termination.
- Adheres to hospital/departmental attendance policy, work hours and maintenance of personal appearance as stated in facility policy.
- Provides direction and support for the on-going development of the Cardiology Service Line. In partnership with key division personnel and hospital administrative teams; develops strategy, promotes operational standards, and ensures that services are coordinated across the organization.
- Ensures that the strategies, priorities and operations of all Cardiology Services are aligned and complementary.
- Assists as needed with physician recruitment activities for the Cardiology Service Line.
- Attends medical staff meetings and/or medical staff committee meetings as assigned or requested. Informs the hospital of proceedings at meetings attended and recommends action, as necessary.
- Collaborates with physicians to develop and foster positive working relationships.
- Represents the hospital by membership in professional community associations and supports community projects and agencies.
- Engages a multidisciplinary team of national, division, and facility leaders to plan for emerging trends in terms of clinical protocols, technology, reimbursement, medical management, and supply utilization.
- Identifies and documents cardiology best demonstrated practices for across the company, group, or division.
- Assists the hospital with the assessment of patient and staff education needs in regards to cardiology services.
- Collaborates with decision support and IT to develop tracking and reporting mechanisms to monitor the progression of cardiology service line development.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a related clinical field from an accredited college or university; Master's degree in Health Administration, Business, or Economics preferred
- RN preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
3-5 years of progressive clinical experience in the specific service line, two (2) of which must have been in a leadership or charge capacity.
- Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website