DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute, both located in Destin.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide care to patients undergoing endoscopic procedures (general surgery, orthopedic surgery, gynecology, plastic surgery), under the direction of the RN, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of FWBMC.
- Regular, Punctual and Dependable Attendance.
- Supports the facility's Standards of Performance and ICARE values.
- Participates in call schedule and report
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, equipment and supplies needed for various surgical and laparoscopic procedures.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in teamwork on the unit.
- Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients' right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Ensures patient care is provided according to policies and procedures
- Coordinates and/or attends in-service presentations pertaining to services pertaining to the Endoscopic Service line. Completes all mandatory educations requirements.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered. Coordinates with supply chain to establish par levels, ensure adequate reserve of available supplies.
- In coordination with Endoscopic RN's, responsible for routine inspection, equipment maintenance, and replacement of instrumentation. Process instrumentation according to High Level Disinfection policies.
- Ensures patient care is provided according to policies and procedures.
- Facilitates efficiency in the endoscopy room turn-over.
- Provides input to Nurse Manager for Capital equipment/space needs, budgetary needs and other resources needed by department.
- Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure.
- Scrubs, gowns, gloves.
- Participates in Time Out prior to the procedure.
- Performs appropriate counts with the circulator as described in the count policy.
- Passes instruments, etc. to the surgeon during the procedure.
- Maintains sterile technique during procedures.
- Cleans, prepares and transports instrumentation to decontamination area.
- Assists in preparation of the surgical endoscope/ OR suite for the next procedure.
- Completes all necessary documentation for instrument decontamination, high level disinfection or flash sterilization.
Your benefits include:
Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
Employee discount program
Employee stock purchase program
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Graduated from LPN training program preferred
- Graduated from ST training program preferred
- BCLS-AHA Healthcare Provider certification required upon hire
- LPN licensure in State of Florida preferred
- Surgical Technologist Certification preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Previous scrubbing experience preferred
- Endoscopy experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Knowledge of basic anesthesia principles
- Video equipment set up/troubleshooting skills
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website