FOX Factory, Inc. – Sr. Automation Engineer – Gainesville, GA (30504)
Job Code: *LI *PVJ
About the Company:
In 1974, Bob Fox started racing his products in motocross and we haven't stopped racing since. FOX has equipped vehicles and racers that have stood atop podiums in every sport we have competed in — from the sands of Baja to the dunes of Dakar.
For over three decades, FOX has been an industry leader in the design and development of high performance shock absorbers and racing suspension products for snowmobiles, mountain bikes, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, off-road cars, trucks, and SUVs.
Our team of engineers perform rigorous tests with our athletes year-round. The data we collect from performance testing and our application of that knowledge to our product is what separates FOX from every other suspension company.
FOX Factory, Inc., a fast-growing and dynamic company in Gainesville, GA (30504) has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Automation Engineer.
As a key member of the FOX team, the Sr. Automation Engineer will be interfacing with Automation Integrators for specifying, installing, documenting, and troubleshooting automation equipment for new and existing products and processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Managing automation projects built by outside automation suppliers including conceptual design work, equipment specification, project management, factory acceptance testing, installation, and commissioning/debug.
· Provide automation and process control leadership, configuration, and ongoing support for operations at 24/7 production plants.
· Identify potential process improvement projects, design and develop SCADA & PLC programs to address them properly.
· Provide Project Management leadership and communication to all project team members and functional managers such that the project objectives are clear, responsibilities are understood, and progress is tracked and reported.
· Develops, evaluates, and enhances manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
· Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
· Prepares Process Flow Charts, PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis) documents, Control Plans and Work Instructions.
· Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods, provides feedback for DFMA (Design for Manufacture and Assembly)
· Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes utilizing available floorspace.
· Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
· Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout using Lean Continuous Improvement methods.
· Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Maintains product and company reputation by complying with all government regulations and safety requirements.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Requires a BS degree in Automation, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering /related field or equivalent.
· 5+ years in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated ability developing and implementing automation processes and equipment.
· 5+ years of experience interfacing with Automation Integrators for specifying, installing, documenting, and troubleshooting automation equipment for new and existing products and processes
· Must have a very broad electrical background, including hands on experience with PLC's/HMI, robots, motion controls and associated programming software.
· Familiar with PC–based controller/interface from windows to real time multi-tasking operating system/embedded and PLC, HMI, PID servo control, linear motor, robot controller, stepper motor controller, data acquisition, vision system, power distribution, low/high voltage system wiring to board level design.
· Demonstrated ability to meet demanding deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member to accomplish objectives.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Requires walking, standing, bending and lifting for long periods of time
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply on company website