You may be a proven rockstar in sales, you may be fresh out of college, or you may be looking to transition your clinical experience into a different role. No matter where you are in your career, you appreciate the fact that one size doesn't fit all students in education. You could be Fusion Academy's next Director of Outreach.
Fusion is hiring entry-level and experienced salespeople who will work near our local Fusion Academy campuses to promote our unique 1:1 education model (one teacher to one student learning with different teachers for different classes) serving middle and high school students.
Role will be responsible for community outreach in both our Los Gatos and Palo Alto campus areas.
In this role you will:
- Call on local professionals (private school administrators, educational consultants, therapists, and more) and enlighten them on our life changing education model so that the professionals will recommend families to visit our school and consider enrolling.
- Work with and be mentored by a vibrant nationwide team.
- Get valuable experience that can position you higher up within the company or set you up for your next big role.
At Fusion your days will always vary, but here's what they may bring:
- Building rapport in your community with professionals who are new to Fusion Academy, know Fusion well, or have a relationship that needs refreshing.
- Making your way from your home or campus to in-person meetings with professionals such as therapists, psychiatrists, and educational consultants in the surrounding communities. (Local travel is required… this is not a boring desk job!)
- Communicating face-to-face via live and virtual channels with your community network of professionals and peers.
- Visiting and learning about therapeutic programs serving middle and high schoolers that could be potential resources for our students.
- Supporting your campus admin team, teachers, and students by contributing to the campus' social media channels.
- Cultivating your professional networks virtually on social media channels and live at education related associations.
- Coordinating admissions meetings with your admin team and ensuring prompt and adequate follow up.
- Developing and tracking meaningful quarterly goals and exceeding them!
- Recording progress on all relationships through Fusion's customer relationship management database (Salesforce with training provided).
- Adapting to ever-changing rules in a pandemic world that ensure the health and safety of students and staff.
- Focusing and cultivating your own professional and personal growth.
(Want to learn more about our schools? Go to our Fusion Academy YouTube channel to see student and parent testimonials.)
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's or Associate degree.
- We want someone whose goal is to be a savvy communicator - and we'll help you get there! We want people who can reach and communicate well with other people. You have a leg up if you have relevant sales or community outreach experience, but it's not required. For example, if you have worked in sales, business development, college admissions, social services, fundraising, health care, rehabilitation, or recovery programs, you've got experience for this role.
- It's not required but many of our Directors of Outreach are also licensed social workers, therapists, or have worked in mental healthcare environments.
- You have strong communication and presentation skills along with the confidence to command a room.
- You are hard-wired to stay organized.
- Multitasking is second nature.
- You have solid skills in Windows, and can easily navigate Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- You can work autonomously, and with a team.
- You feel comfortable learning new systems and skills.
- You are naturally curious and hungry to learn and grow.
- You don't hesitate to problem solve first and ask for help second.
Pay and Benefits:
- This role provides the security of excellent benefits and a competitive base salary that is commensurate with your experience ($50 -75K). Fusion offers health, dental, vision, 401K, basic life insurance, long term disability insurance, and AD&D insurance, vacation and holiday pay.
- In this coveted role, you are BONUS eligible. Fusion Directors of Outreach have achievable quarterly performance goals, which equate to excellent quarterly bonuses!
Not quite sure if this is the role for you?
- As an organization we believe that every person has incredible potential. This shows up in how we teach our students, and how we hire. Fusion is committed to finding the greatness in our employees, even if you don't have a perfect resume.
- You may be standing at the ground floor of your career and thinking, “I can't apply for this, I am too green!” Our response to you is, “Yes you can! We were all green once.”
- Maybe you have work experience in a completely different field and are looking for a change of pace – we welcome you too.
- Or, perhaps you've got all the skills listed in this posting – great!
- Every career begins somewhere. Fusion has many employees who started out as interns and have built meaningful careers here. We have others who pivoted from a clinical setting to an educational one.
- If even 25% of this description speaks to you, we encourage you to apply today.
- Because too often we often sell ourselves short. We underestimate how smart and talented we are. We want that to end today. We want to build you up! Give us a chance to help you realize how amazing you are. At Fusion – we want our students to flourish and grow as much as we want our team members to flourish and grow.
- What if this role isn't right for you, but working at Fusion has piqued your interest? Then the next chapter of your career journey has already begun. Let's see if there is a place for you here, and if not maybe one of Fusion's three other education partners has a role for you.
- If this role sounds like it could be the next step for your career, please complete the application and be sure to share your resume. We can't wait to hear from you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, or sex.
Apply on company website