DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Galen College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose nursing college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. Galen's fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing education and the best place to work and one cannot be true without the other.
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As you consider joining Galen, please carefully consider how you will model the culture we embrace and look to sustain. A culture where good ideas can come from anywhere and transparency is vital. Respect, accountability and integrity are non-negotiables, and commitment is created and sustained through the development of all employees. We care about each other and our students. We look for ways to exceed expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve and grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary nursing education, matched only by a commitment to our students' success. If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience, attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help changes lives, we'd love to talk!
Galen College of Nursing is looking for a Campus Registrar, who is responsible for the planning, organizing, and supervision of the development and operations of the Academic Records area for an assigned campus. The Campus Registrar provides consistent, friendly support to the students, faculty and staff and assists with the maintenance of academic records and enforces policies and follows established procedures of the College.Responsibilities:
- Provide quality student service which says to students, "I Care" and demonstrates the College's commitment to thoughtful, equitable treatment of all students in the areas of registration and academic records, and to insure the confidentiality and accuracy of student records.
- Select, train, evaluate, schedule, and supervise campus Academic Records staff to fulfill department goals and work objectives and assure the delivery of consistent, friendly support to students, faculty and staff.
- Assure the integrity, security, and accuracy of student academic records, maintaining accurate student records as it pertains to student statuses, graduation dates, grades, attendance and student disciplinary actions or advisement.
- Verify that students have met all enrollment/admission requirements inclusive of background checks and meeting admission test thresholds.
- Process Graduate records to facilitate inclusion in graduation ceremony/program and to assure students ability to sit for NCLEX® with the state boards of nursing.
- Provide oversight for processing all readmission students.
- Provide timely notification to students of changes to their status with the college – probation, dismissals, etc.
- Coordinate work and assist other functional campus teams to meet needs of students.
- Contact and/or meet with students on a routine basis regarding attendance, performance and progression in the program; documenting all student interactions in CampusVue.
- Provide support and assistance to all students including:
- Initial intake of students, making sure student understands and agrees with transfer credit awarded.
- Registration Assistance including verifying all pre-requisite/co-requisite rules are met.
- Processing waitlists as space permits.
- Registering students who are repeating.
- Assist students with all questions and issues.
- Assist students with schedule adjustments during Add/Drop week or at other times in the term as needed (advising student to impact of choices being made – completion and financial aid).
- Assist students with ordering of uniforms.
- Monitor clinical compliance, contacting students who are non-compliant and working with them to get all required documentation in hand so they can participate in clinical courses.
- Track all site specific clinical requirements that the students may have to meet to make sure they are ready for classes.
- Provide student transcripts and verifications for students wishing to pick these up at the campus.
Provide professional assistance and support to the Academic Leadership of the campus.
- Provide reports and analysis relative to student enrollment, registration, attendance, grades and other information that they might require from Academic Records in the course of performing their duties.
- Coordinate work with the Student Success personnel to assure that students are receiving the assistance and resources needed to be successful.
- Assist as needed with budget planning at the campus by providing information on student enrollment relative to performance in classes, retention and completion.
- Relay information, comments/complaints received from the students so the campus may address situations as they arise. If recommendations for improvement to the Academic Records area come out of this process, coordinate/implement improvements to alleviate areas of concerns that are identified.
- Participate in all campus academic meetings.
- Assist faculty and staff as needed with interfaces to CampusVue.
Assure compliance with all policies and procedures as outlined the Student Catalog, Faculty Handbook, and the College Policy & Procedure Manual, at the campus-level.
- Provide information on policies and procedures to students and staff when requested.
- Work with students and the Director(s) of Clinical Education to insure compliance with both Galen and affiliate requirements for participation (immunizations, CPR, drug screenings, etc.)
Support College/Campus goals.
- Monitor campus' performance as outlined in the campus Institutional Effectiveness Plan and assist in the development of the action plans to meet campus goals.
- Lead the Campus Academic Records staff in contributing to the attainment of goals outlined for the campus.
- Track and report on Student interactions.
- Track and report on Student Placement and work to achieve campus strategic goal for placement.
- Track and report on all other campus goals.
Assist in the production of class and examination schedules which, as much as possible, serve the needs and preferences of faculty and students and insure that the classrooms assigned meet the needs of quality instruction.
- Work with the program directors, to facilitate the creation of schedules, calendars or room grids and maintain all classroom calendars and course schedules throughout each term and update assigned faculty in CampusVue as needed.
- Participate in all campus activities that directly interface with students- such as orientation, open house, graduation; expectation is attendance at a minimum of three graduations per year.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field required. Three (3) years' experience in college or academic setting preferred.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn current student systems, for example, CampusVue and Canvas, Unitime, Verified Credentials.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn current college catalog, policies, procedures.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn state requirements for licensure.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn campus resources for the support of the students.
- Knowledge of registration and records procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities, visualize changes and solutions. Ability to achieve cooperation in the mediation of disputes.
- Ability to communicate orally with co-workers, customers, clients, or the public in a face-to-face, one-to-one or group setting.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees, various levels of management, and students.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks by deadline dates.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Physical Requirements: Ability to walk, stand, and sit for long periods of time. Ability to speak concisely and effectively to communicate needs. Ability to operate a personal computer and other office equipment. Normal motor skills and eye-hand coordination. Travel may be required. Degree of Supervision: Minimal supervision.
Galen College Values:
Inclusivity: I foster an environment that provides opportunity for every individual to reach their full potential.
Character: I act with integrity and compassion in all I do.
Accountability: I own my role and accept responsibility for my actions.
Respect: I value every person as an individual with unique contributions worthy of consideration.
Excellence: I commit myself to the highest level of quality in everything I do.
We are Galen College of Nursing. Our focus is nursing education and our students' success is all that matters. We offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. Our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen College is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Associate, Baccalaureate and Master's Degrees. The baccalaureate degree in nursing program at Galen College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen's accreditation status, please visit our websiteWe are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website