Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Pathologist Assistant today with Grand Strand Medical Center.Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Grand Strand Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Come join our team as a(an) Pathologist Assistant. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Pathologists' Assistant is a staff position responsible for assisting pathologists in performance of surgical pathology services. Under the general supervision of the pathologist, works independently when performing professional duties associated with examination and/or preparation of the surgical pathology specimens.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for the organization of and efficiency of workflow processes in the frozen section and gross examination areas.
- Work closely with on-site Pathologists in determining grossing priorities.
- Take instruction from on-site Pathologists with respect to grossing technique and quality assessment.
- Confer with and share with other HCA pathologist assistant's relevant information that would facilitate productivity and expand knowledge base.
- Triage specimen received from surgery; dictate gross findings on selected specimen using appropriate terminology; refer tissue sections for microscopic review by Pathologist or Resident.
- Select and identify tissue for microscopic study; determine proper fixative solutions in which tissue will be maintained.
- Perform specialized procedures such as frozen sections and decalcification; maintain and coordinate specimen and records for specialized procedures using appropriate protocols; submit request for special histological procedures and special stains when appropriate.
- Maintain records of surgical pathology specimen dissections and dictation; assist in the compilation of reports for surgical pathology; label and store gross tissue specimen.
- Photograph specimen samples as appropriate for use in instruction and documentation. Perform photo microscopy on cases considered for interdepartmental conferences or for teaching purposes; maintain complete and accurate records of all gross and microscopic photographs.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
Bachelor's degree required; Masters preferred.
Minimum three to five years' experience in a pathology histology laboratory setting.
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare's graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Pathologist Assistant opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website