Company: GREAT PLAINS HEALTH HR
Location: North Platte, NE
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Not specified
Patient Financial Services Full Time Day Shift
To inspire health and healing by putting patients first - ALWAYS.
- Position Summary
- The Patient Representative is responsible for timely monitoring of the patient account from billing through final resolution. Through the process, the Patient Representative does follow up with insurance companies, assists with patient financial/billing questions, makes payment arrangements, and performs collection activities when necessary.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Physical Demands
- Sit constantly.
- Stand/walk frequently.
- Lift floor to waist height 30 pounds occasionally; waist to waist 25 pounds occasionally; waist to overhead 20 pounds occasionally. And carry 10 pounds up to 25 feet occasionally.
- Reach overhead frequently standing and turn reaching shoulder height while sitting frequently.
- Fine motor coordination within normal limits for age and gender.
- Constant computer use.
- Visual acuity within normal limits.
- Essential Functions
- Work the system created work list to follow up on accounts the same day they appear on the work list.
- Answer incoming calls from insurance companies and patients, assisting them with any issues with resolution within 2 working days.
- Combine multiple patient accounts to one guarantor if requested by the guarantor and set up payment plans on patient balances.
- Work self-pay bad debt work list daily, calling patients to try to set up payment plans before the account goes to bad debt.
- Get financial assistance papers to patients who request them or you feel would qualify. If needed, help the patients complete the forms. Process the request within the time frame of the policy.
- Process credit balances for appropriate refund to correct person/insurance within 30 days of the creation of the credit balance.
- Do bankruptcy write offs within 2 days of receiving the bankruptcy notice. File balances against an estate with a week of notice of the patient's death.
- File appeals for no authorizations, medical necessity denials, and other denials within 10 days of the denial.
- Work with the early out agencies and bad debt agencies on request for additional information on patients, following up with them within 2 days of receiving the request for information.
- Enter notes on the account, appropriately and timely, which would include claims information, issues, and general correspondence allowing anyone to understand the activity on the account. This would also include taking action on any correspondence with 2 days of receiving the correspondence and noting the action taken.
Apply on company website