DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Oncology Nurse Navigator - Kingwood and Conroe locations Serving patients throughout Greater Houston and South Texas, HCA Gulf Coast Division offers comprehensive health solutions—including advanced medical care, education, and community outreach—at its ten hospitals and other free-standing facilities. This network model gives our patients access to a circle of care that is unrivaled in the region. From simple outpatient procedures to complex surgeries performed by specialists, HCA Gulf Coast Division offers comprehensive care close to home. Serving such a large and diverse region requires HCA Gulf Coast Division to offer a range of programs that meets the needs of young and old, acutely ill and chronically ill. Just some of our services and outreach efforts:
- Twenty-four-hour emergency care, both at designated Hospital Emergency Centers and off-site Emergency Care locations
- Life-saving intervention during cardiovascular and neurological incidents
- Comprehensive women's care, from obstetric care to minimally invasive gynecological surgery
- Neonatal and pediatric intensive care
- Inpatient and outpatient surgery, rehabilitation, and monitoring support
- Education programs – child birth and child care classes, surgical seminars, physician speaker series
- Management centers for diabetes, heart failure, and other complex conditions
- Community partnerships with the American Heart Association, Joe Niekro Foundation, March of Dimes, and others.
Responsibilities: The Adult Oncology Nurse Navigator functions as a member of the multidisciplinary team and serves as an advocate and educator for cancer patients, from diagnosis through end of active treatment. The Adult Oncology Nurse Navigator's primary function is to ensure the patient remains compliant to the treatment plan. Navigators achieve this goal by building relationships with patients and physicians, coordinating the plan of care, assisting with appointments, transportation needs, education, resource provision and/or representation within the multidisciplinary care environment. The Navigator also assumes responsibility and accountability for the management of resources to achieve efficient, high-quality outcomes for cancer patients, including support with interdisciplinary and cross-facililty coverage and collaboration. The Navigator will serve as a liaison between the patient and family, all physicians involved in that patient's care, internal and external healthcare providers, support network members, and the wider healthcare community. This role will require collaboration with local physician liaisons and leadership to conduct internal and external outreach and marketing.
- Associate Degree
- 1-3 years overall nursing experience
- Certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Current licensure as a registered nurse
- Experience in program development
- Experience as a nurse navigator and/or patient educator in oncology
- Experience in leadership
- Experience in customer service
- 1-5 years oncology nursing experience
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) certification achieved or in progress
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website