SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center is a 216-bed acute care hospital proudly serving Bay County and surrounding communities for 40 years. The hospital was recently named a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® – heart failure, heart attack, pneumonia, surgical care, and perinatal care – for the fourth consecutive year and has achieved certifications for its stroke and wound care. Located in Panama City, Florida, its team of more than 450 providers and 1,000 employees work to ensure patients receive the highest quality of care every day. With the area's only designated Pediatric ER, four-bed Pediatric ICU and 28-bed NICU, the hospital is ready to care for our youngest residents. The hospital has the only Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI as recognized by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Additionally, the hospital's cancer program is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). These designations enhance the hospital's quality of care and demonstrate its commitment to higher, measurable standards of care.
POSITION SUMMARY: The OB Techs are individuals with specialized education who function as members of the surgical team in the role of scrub person. With additional education and training, some surgical technologists function in the role of surgical first assistant. Surgical technology programs are accredited by the Accreditation Review Committee on Education in Surgical Technology—a collaborative effort of the Association of Surgical Technologists and the American College of Surgeons, under the auspices of the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. Accredited programs provide both didactic education and supervised clinical experience based on a core curriculum for surgical technology.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential core function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill experience, and ability necessary to perform this job. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, equipment and supplies needed for various surgical procedures.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in teamwork on the unit.
- Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients' right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error medical error or unanticipated outcomes in the patient's care which results in harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory educations requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and Dependable Attendance.
- Maintains and safely handles medications to include IV fluids, contrast media.
- Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure
- Scrubs, gowns, and gloves
- Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and medications/solutions needed for procedure.
- Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed
- Gowns and gloves surgeon and assistant
- Helps in draping sterile field
- Passes instruments, etc., to surgeon during procedure
- Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during procedure
- Prepares sterile dressing
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization
- Assists other members of team with terminal cleaning of room
- Assists in pepping room for the next patient
- Records Flash Steam Log and Cidex Log Completely and accurately according to policy
- Actively participates in time out procedure.
- Holds retractors or instruments as directed by the surgeon
- Sponges or suctions operative site
- Applies electro-cautery to clamps on bleeders
- Cuts suture material as directed by the surgeon
- Connects drains to suction apparatus
- Applies dressings to closed wound
QualificationsEDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical Technology preferred
- BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required
- Certified Surgical Technologist preferred
- Previous experience preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving lifting of patients and /or equipment up to 50lbs.
- Possesses the ability to work as a member of a team or independently as the situation requires and to prioritize responsibilities.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website