The IT Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of project management for an assigned portfolio through the entire software development lifecycle, including, but not limited to: chartering, scoping, requirements gathering, document approval tracking and management, project plan creation, status reporting, issue resolution, project resource allocation, project costs and financial analysis, and benefits validation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates cohesive project plans with identifiable critical path, task dependencies, and major milestones, and manages the approved plans and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the SDLC program and adherence from the team
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors and summarizes progress of projects.
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding project status.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Mentors junior level IT project management and/or analytical associates on project management best practices.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Supports team members in executing tasks as needed to meet project deliveries
- Assists in the development of corporate project/program management methodologies
- Supervises staff -
- Financial Scope -
- Organizational Scope – All US locations/Single Category/Region/District/Distribution Center
- Decision Making – Creates policy and resolves problems
- Travel –
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Services, Business or related field required
- Project management certification preferred
- 7+ years of large-scale technology and business oriented project management experience or Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Five years project management experience with infrastructure, customized software development and/or 3rd party software installation/configuration; preferably in the retail industry
- Demonstrated cross functional experience in use of project development life cycles or other structured project management methodologies in customer facing situations
- Demonstrated experience in managing programs or complex projects involving multiple sub-projects
- Experienced in mentoring and teaching project managers
- Ability to influence and persuade others
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear performance standards, resolve performance issues, and keep project teams engaged and on task
- Shows initiative, anticipates and prepares for upcoming situations, takes advantage of opportunities, acts quickly and decisively, addresses issues before they become problems
- Experience with development and reporting of project estimates, costs, and project financial analysis
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies as adopted by the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less.
We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977
Apply on company website