The Sr. Manager, Global Inspections is responsible for assisting in carrying out the development and implementation of the company's Quality Assurance Program with primary emphasis on the global inspection strategy. Key functions involve: coordinating daily activities of the global field inspection teams in US and South East Asia, optimize inspection asset allocation and driving efficiencies in inspection coverage, ensure accuracy of the inspection plans and related inspection protocols, establishment of dashboard tracking to establish clear metrics, and help to develop a global quality inspection team that will support future growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be thought partner to senior QA leadership in continuous improvement of Global Inspections strategy of all HFT products
- Responsible for execution of Global Inspections Strategy by working cross functionally with Asia inspections, US inspections and relevant teams within and outside of Quality Assurance at HFT
- Project manage key initiatives of robust product inspection checklists and continuous improvement there off
- Improve existing Skip-lot rules/procedures to optimize resource allocation and maximize Inspections quality and efficiency; thereby improving HFT user/customer experience and protecting brand equity
- Perform audits to ensure that inspection results are reliable and inspectors are carrying the inspections per developed checklists. Build and maintain process in up-keeping inspection checklists
- Interact with Asia inspections leadership on multiple times a week to ensure inspections executions are according to the plan
- Run analytics on the results of inspections operations, partner with Post-Launch Market Surveillance group and incorporate the learnings into continually improving the inspections operations
- Improve existing vendor grading/scorecard system and vendor accreditation program to improve and increase the inspection coverage and efficacy. Work in collaboration with Global sourcing teams on all vendor partner engagement.
- Project manage and drive resolutions on inspections issues through cross functional collaboration with factory partners, Asia QA team, Global Sourcing team, Legal & Compliance teams and QA Distribution Center Operations teams
- Review inspection findings and facilitate communication and action plans with the senior leadership team.
- Monitor factory inspection performance to determine where emphasis should be placed to prevent issue recurrence and provide visibility of vendors with repeated inspection issues.
- Ensure timeliness, clarity and accuracy of all technical documentation and correspondence.
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
- Supervises staff – Yes, with close partnership and collaboration with US and Asia inspection team support
- Financial Scope – non applicable;
- Organizational Scope – US and China QA;
- Decision Making – Creates policy and resolves problems;
- Travel – Up to 4 visits a year to Asia, 4 -6 visits per year to HFT distribution center. Travel as needed to Corporate HQ
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience;
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering, from an accredited university.
- Must be a self-starter, results driven and proven leader with a demonstrated track record of performance in a professional quality department setting.
- Strong analytical skills in digesting vast amounts of data from several sources.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills to effectively manage projects through cross functional collaboration.
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Hands-on practical experience with related HFT product offerings is desired.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in leading field inspection teams desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people both inside and outside the company.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a global, multi-cultural, multi-time zone environment.
- Sense of urgency, collaborative team style, and ability to quickly adapt to changes in priorities with strong decision making skills.
- Written communication skills necessary for technical report writing, and strong follow-up skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task for timely project completions.
- Must be hands-on and have a strong “whatever it takes” attitude to get the job done.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and carry out responsibilities with a minimum of direction.
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem-solving tools and techniques.
- Advanced computer skills in project management, spreadsheet, database and presentation software.
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business. We made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 43 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. All while developing and launching over 1,000 new tools each year. We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 43 year-old, $5 billion company with over 1,100 stores, opening 2-3 new stores a week with over 40 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you. Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977.
Apply on company website