The Process Improvement Senior Manager identifies, designs, leads and supports cross-functional initiatives to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of retail operations and improve the experience of store teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, coach and develop direct and indirect reports. Empower team members with accountability and ownership. Achieve success through others. Provide clarity around priorities and goals.
- Partner with department leaders to establish strategic plans and long-term goals for Store Operations and Retail Stores.
- Proactively plan and collaborate across various departments in the organization to ensure alignment and resource availability for Store Ops initiatives. Identify and resolve conflicting priorities.
- Lead large-scale, cross-functional projects at the enterprise level. Motivate and empower project team members to strive for superior results. Create and manage a shared vision and purpose for the project, for all Executive Sponsors and Work Group.
- Identify areas of opportunity for operational process improvement. Design solutions that solve operational problems or improve current processes.
- Develop comprehensive business cases for initiatives by conducting business analysis using internal data as well as external sources. Create accurate budgets, timelines and risk assessments.
- Identify key performance metrics for new initiatives as well as existing processes. Define the correct reporting methods, channels, and formats for users.
- Serve as the voice of retail operations in cross-functional projects involving the design, configuration or deployment of diverse initiatives across all areas of the business: Category Management, HR, IT, Finance/Accounting, Supply Chain and more.
- Create detailed, accurate, comprehensive project plans to ensure that projects are achieved on time, with superior adoption, and in line with budgetary guidelines. Support and manage projects through all aspects of the project lifecycle, including the transition to support or maintenance mode.
- Prepare and deliver project proposals, status updates, business analysis and other complex information in various formats, including verbal, written, presentation, etc. Tailor the information to the appropriate audience(s), ranging from senior executives to store teams.
- Able to drive for results while managing changes in priorities/scope. Can quickly adapt to evolving business needs.
- Can anticipate future trends and consequences, is future oriented, can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods.
- Constructs compelling development plans and executes them. Is a people builder. Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments.
- Makes good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, experience and judgment.
- Is effective in a variety of settings and with a range of audiences – one on one, small and large groups, peers, leadership, field and corporate partners. Commands attention appropriately and can manage groups during presentations/meetings. Can change tactics mid-stream when needed.
- Juggles multiple competing deadlines and objectives. Focused to ensure critical tasks are prioritized appropriately.
- Supervises staff – Yes
- Financial Scope – N/A
- Organizational Scope – All US locations/Single Category/Region/District/Distribution Center
- Decision Making – Creates policy and resolves problems
- Travel – Up to 30%
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelors' Degree in Business, Information Technology, or a related field, or the equivalent work experience required.
- 7+ years of retail experience including operational process improvement, software implementation, cross-functional enterprise project management and/or financial analysis experience.
- 3+ years of leadership experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite inclusive of Microsoft Project.
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less.
We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977
Apply on company website