Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Manager of Case Management you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida JFK Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
HCA Florida JFK Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Manager of Case Management where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Manager of Case Management Department
Case Management Department
Full Time, Day Shift (Weekends as Needed), 1.0 FTE
HCA Florida JFK Hospital
The Manager for Case Management services reports to the Case Management Director and is responsible for promoting patient-centered care by coordinating all aspects of hospital-based case management for his/her assigned area of responsibility in alignment with the goals of the Case Management Department. This role is accountable for the overall day-to-day oversight and management of the case management program including coordination, supervision, and administrative oversight of the case management team. This role will function as an expert clinical practitioner, case management subject-matter expert, resource, advisor and leader for the members of the case management team. Supervises and monitors professional and support staff and ensures that effective care coordination and case management practices are consistent with hospital policies, and applicable regulations and guidelines. Monitors quality of the interactions, documentation and assessments of the case management staff. The Manager for Case Management Services will coordinate activities that promote quality outcomes and patient throughput while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization.
- In-depth knowledge of case management, discharge planning, and utilization review practices and ability to incorporate current trends successfully.
- Knowledge and understanding of Medicare IPPS rules and regulations.
- Must have strong clinical, analytical, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Supervises and facilitates development of staff and oversees the day-to-day tasks/activities in the department.
- Ensures staff are competent in the use of InterQual to progress the plan of care.
- Works collaboratively and maintains active communication with physicians, nursing and other members of the interdisciplinary care team to effect timely, appropriate patient management.
- Monitors the quality of CM interactions with patients, families, physicians and the multidisciplinary team by regularly shadowing staff to ensure clear understanding and adherence to department processes.
- Monitors quality of documentation and assessments by regularly auditing the case managers' documentation.
- Actively participates in clinical performance improvement activities.
- Communicates effectively with patients, family, medical staff, care team members, students, supervisors and outside contacts.
- Assumes responsibility of the department in the absence of the Director.
- Responsible for scheduling and staffing of department.
- Responsible for department education and competencies.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly reports as assigned by the Director of Case Management.
- May be required to cover a staff assignment.
- Serve as an advocate for patient's rights, needs, and values; ensuring that patients' ethnic, cultural, or religious values, beliefs, preferences and needs are considered and aligned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Directs referrals to various agencies and support groups based on need.
- RN with current state licensure; BSN preferred
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- 3 years of clinical hospital nursing experience required
- 3-5 yrs. of previous case management experience required
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Currently certified as InterQual CER or IQCI – preferred
- Certification in case management preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida JFK Hospital was named in honor of our 35th president. We have grown and have four Palm Beach County locations. Our main campus is a 558-bed acute care facility. We are known for services including: emergency services, cardiovascular care, neurosciences and robotic surgery. We offer orthopedic and spine care, bariatrics, behavioral health and obstetrics. HCA Florida JFK Hospital is a Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center. We are a certified Ventricular Assist Device program. We are an American College of Cardiology Chest Pain Center. Our hospital is an American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer accredited Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. We offer two off-site ERs in Palm Beach Gardens and West Boynton Beach. They provide the same emergency treatment for adults and children. We are located in the city of Atlantis. We are near the coastal cities of Lake Worth and Boynton Beach. We are by the beach, restaurants and shopping. There is something for everybody. We invite you to join a dynamic team of clinical professionals in a fast-paced environment while living in Palm Beach County.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Manager of Case Management opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website