Doctors Hospital of Sarasota
5731 Bee Ridge Rd Sarasota, FL 34233
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Histology Technologist II PRN opening with Doctors Hospital of Sarasota today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed all private room facility serving the Sarasota and Manatee Counties since 1967. Our commitment to provide the highest level of service excellence is unparalleled and we continue to invest in life-saving technology. Our emergency room wait times average less than 30 minutes and a high level of stroke and cardiac care is delivered around the clock. We are also known for superior joint replacement and spine surgery with concierge-level suites.Benefits
At Doctors Hospital of Sarasota, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
We are seeking a(an) Histology Technologist II PRN for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!Job Summary and Qualifications
- Prepare, process and stain pathology tissues and cytology samples for review by the pathologist under the direction of a laboratory supervisor, manager or director
- Embeds tissue specimens in correct orientation at a rate of 45 - 60 seconds per block.
- Sections paraffin blocks at an average rate of 35 - 40 blocks per hour.
- Produces sections of correct thickness with a minimum of cutting artifacts.
- Routine H & E stain performed according to Department procedure. Recognizes inferior staining prior to submitting and corrects the problem to meet standards.
- Performs any on-site special stains and histo-chemical methods
- Assist with gross examination of small biopsies and prepare tissues for processing, staining and screening of samples, batching and referral of cases to referral laboratories as required
You Should Have:
- A 2 Year/Associate Degree in Science required
- A 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology is beneficial
- A State of Florida Technologist License OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
- Technical specialty in Histology
- 5+ years of experience required; 1-3 years in a high-volume histology setting preferred
Integrated Regional Labs is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories present in four HCA Healthcare divisions within the state of Florida. Our core laboratories support more than 250 acute and rehab hospitals, physician practices, surgery centers and commercial accounts.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Histology Technologist II PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website