Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Social Worker MSW opening with HCA Florida South Shore Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.Benefits
HCA Florida South Shore Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Social Worker MSW for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!Job Summary and Qualifications
Your tasks and responsibilities may include:
- You will initiate the case management process to ensure patients receive the appropriate level of services across the continuum.
- You will ensure treatment plans meet patients' clinical, psychological and discharge needs in collaboration with attending physician and interdisciplinary team.
- You will ensure all admission and continued stays meet clinical criteria for appropriateness and medical necessity.
- You will evaluate the health status of assigned patients by collecting and analyzing patient and family information.
- You will expedite and coordinate the delivery of services to facilitate patients' progression through the healthcare system.
- You will communicate effectively and work with physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs.
What qualifications you will need:
- Masters of Social Work (MSW)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in recent social work within an acute care facility
- Critical thinking skills, service excellence and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend written/verbal instruction
- PC Skills
HCA Florida South Shore Hospital is a 138 bed community hospital. We provide care to the residents of Hillsborough and Manatee County. We have been recognized by the Joint Commission for heart failure, sepsis, stroke and total hip and knee. We have an American College of Radiology accreditation in CT, mammography, MRI, nuclear medicine and ultrasound. We received the Healthgrades top 10% in the nation for patient safety. We are a five star recipient for gallbladder removal and small intestine surgeries. Also for hip fracture treatment and pacemaker procedures. We have 24-hour emergency services, cardiology, general surgery and orthopedics. We provide advanced medical services. We have experienced healthcare providers and a dedicated care team. HCA Florida South Shore Hospital was named a top workplace in Tampa Bay for the fourth year in a row.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Social Worker MSW opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website