Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a PRN CT Technologist with HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic CT Technologist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
CT Technologist (PRN)
We are currently seeking a Florida-licensed CT Technologist on a PRN/per diem/as-needed basis to provide computerized assisted tomographic services to patients as ordered by physicians following established standards and practices under the direction of the radiologist. As a CT Technologist for HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital, you will be competent in all of the following: brain, total spine, facial, sinus, orbits, thorax, abdomen, pelvis, upper/lower extremities, sella, and biopsies. We prioritize patient care activities, if you are dedicated to caring for others, this could be your next career opportunity.
As a CT Technologist, responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Select proper technical factors for study then perform and complete diagnostic CT examinations accurately in a caring, compassionate and respectful manner
- Possess sound and thorough operational knowledge of the CT scanner, pressure injector, resuscitation equipment, laser filmer, and teleradiology system
- Assist in the administration of contrast media and other related procedures
- Prepare, transfer and position patients as needed ensuring modesty, safely utilizing auxiliary equipment and/or devices indicated
- Document all pertinent clinical information prior to exam, obtain informed consent, and complete all required fields within MEDITECH accurately and on time
- Obtain high-quality CT images assuring only optimal images are submitted for interpretation
- Remain proficient in executing software protocols and keep up to date with changes in the field by in-service study, attending courses or seminars as necessary/recommended
- Maintain proactive and effective communication with patient and other caregiver colleagues to include the radiologist
- Check the operation of the equipment, maintain cleanliness of table/equipment to prevent cross-contamination of contagious diseases and keep room stocked with linens and necessary supplies
- Accept on-call and call-back responsibilities as needed to provide optimum patient care
- Completion of a Radiologic Technology program at an accredited, AMA-approved institution
- Valid ARRT (R) and ARRT (CT) certifications
- Clear/active Florida Department of Health licensure (CRT)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of equipment specific to CT and X-ray
- Knowledge of the safety practices relative to radiation safety, hazardous material and infection control policies
- Knowledge of anatomy, physicology, sterile technique and patient positioning techniques specific to CT and X-ray
- Ability to perform work which requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, and/or lifting of patients/equipment (100+/- lbs.)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
For over 40 years, HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital has been providing comprehensive healthcare services. We provide high-quality medical care. We also provide surgery, outpatient therapies, and acute care. With a team of skilled colleagues, it's no wonder we have a reputation for excellence. The over 180-bed acute care hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission. We provide 24-hour Emergency Care, Behavioral Healthcare, and Cardiovascular Services. We also provide General Surgery and Imaging & Diagnostic Services. As South Tampa Hospital and ER, we provide high quality, advanced care. We are one of the best-performing hospitals in the Tampa Bay area. We believe excellent people make excellence happen. If this sounds like the type of meaningful work you'd like to be a part of, we hope you'll consider our careers at South Tampa Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our PRN CT Technologist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website