DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Monitor Tech!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake – Webster, TX
Monitor Tech – Telemetry
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is a 490-bed acute care facility offering inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. The campus includes Level II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the area's only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU.
What you will do in this role:
- Performs duties appropriate to the position and in compliance with hospital policies and procedures, and any other duties, as assigned.
- Monitors all equipment for the proper functioning at start of shifts and notifies Bio-Medical and Director/Nurse Manager of any problems.
- Is accountable for all telemetry units at start and end of shift.
- Puts all interpreted cardiac rhythms with the patient's chart
- Documents all admissions on 24-hour Telemetry Worksheet in logbook.
- Documents a six-second strip swiftly and when changes in rate/rhythm occur, and makes sure all strips are properly interpreted.
- Notifies Nurse of all rate/rhythm changes.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving own job knowledge and skills.
- Responsible for maintaining a customer friendly atmosphere.
- Responsible for maintaining monitors in working condition while on or off patient, including notifying Biomedical Engineering of any maintenance needs.
- Responsible for setting alarms at appropriate settings and sufficiently audible levels.
- Responsible for knowing the normal ranges for vital signs being monitored.
What qualifications you will need:
Must complete basic EKG course or challenge EKG exam prior to hire and annually (minimum score of 85% required. Allowed to repeat one time to score a minimum of 85% to maintain employment).
Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association is required
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from the Talent Acquisition team.
We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website