DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Medical Technologist to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe – Conroe, TX
Medical Technologist - Laboratory
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is a tertiary acute care 342 bed hospital that has been serving the community for more than 75 years. It provides a 24-hour designated Level II trauma center, Level III neonatal intensive care unit, cardiac care services, women's center, daVinci robotic surgery, neurosciences, pediatric care, rehabilitation therapy, sleep center, radiology, hyperbaric medicine, diagnostic/imaging services, and wound care facility.
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.What you will do in this role:
Under the general supervision of the Director of Laboratory and the direct supervision of the Laboratory Supervisor or designated Shift Supervisor, the Medical Technologist provides clinical laboratory services to patients in accordance with accepted practices and Departmental and Hospital standards of care.
Each patient is assessed by appropriate disciplines beginning at the time the patient enters a hospital service and progressing through discharge. The person in this position demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide clinical laboratory services to patients served in relation to growth and development over the life span to identify their requirements relative to age-specific needs.
- Utilizes special knowledge of clinical laboratory principles in the provision of diagnostic services.
- Applies general knowledge of procedures in Hematology, Urinalysis, Chemistry, Blood Bank, Serology, Coagulation, Microbiology, and Phlebotomy.
- Applies general knowledge of instrumentation in all areas of the Laboratory.
- Applies general knowledge of quality control in all areas of the Laboratory.
- Collects specimens as needed utilizing appropriate precautions to promote patient comfort and minimize potential for exposure.
- Processes routine test results to include analysis, calculations, and reporting of results.
- Utilizes an understanding of clinical laboratory principles in the maintenance of instrumentation with a focus on maintenance of all quality controls.
- Performs preventive maintenance of instrumentation.
- Performs routine shift start-up, including quality controls and documentation of these controls.
- Performs appropriate shift maintenance of instrumentation.
- Ensures reliability of results by proper use of quality controls with re-calibration and corrective actions taken when needed.
- Maintains adequate inventory of reagents and supplies for assigned area of responsibility.
- Validates new methods, procedures and instruments.
- Performs trouble-shooting as required with reporting of major problems with instrumentation for repair.
- Documentation complete for all instruments and quality control.
- Utilizes specialized knowledge of clinical laboratory principles in the recording and reporting of testing results.
- Records results of quality controls and patient testing accurately.
- Notifies physicians and other members of the health care team of results in a timely manner with immediate reporting of critical values.
- Documents name and time who receives results on areas worksheet and in computer system.
- Utilizes specialized knowledge of clinical laboratory principles in performing general duties.
- Performs procedures utilizing Universal Precautions to minimize the potential for exposure to infectious processes.
- Disposes of all instrumentation, reagents and patient wastes appropriately to minimize exposure potential.
- Applies safety principles in the handling of all chemicals and other potentially hazardous substances in the laboratory environment.
- Maintains a clean, neat work area to minimize the potential for errors in testing and hazards in the laboratory.
- Bases decision-making on sound principles related to cost containment in the Department.
- Utilizes appropriate principles in the provision of direct patient care service
- Utilizes appropriate body mechanics in working in the Laboratory and in obtaining patient specimens.
- Utilizes appropriate precautions related to infection control in relation to patients, specimens, and equipment/supplies with special emphasis on the use of Standard Precautions in all activities.
- Utilizes appropriate safety precautions in all diagnostic procedures to promote patient comfort.
- Communicates effectively with patients, physicians, personnel, and other employees in the Hospital to fulfill position responsibilities.
QualificationsWhat qualifications you will need:
- Must have completed the Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology or related Science Field and hold Medical Technologist credentials from a recognized credentialing agency.
- Previous experience in a hospital clinical laboratory preferred.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website