DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Radiology Technologist to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe – Conroe, TX
Radiology Technologist – Radiology
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is a tertiary acute care 342 bedhospital that has been serving the community for more than 75 years. It provides a 24-hour designated Level II trauma center, Level III neonatal intensive care unit, cardiac care services, women's center, daVinci robotic surgery, neurosciences, pediatric care, rehabilitation therapy, sleep center, radiology, hyperbaric medicine, diagnostic/imaging services, and wound care facility.
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.What you will do in this role:
- Under the direction of the Chief Radiologic Technologist, the Director of Medical Imaging, and the Staff Radiologists, the Radiologic Technologist is responsible to safely and proficiently perform diagnostic imaging procedures and related patient care according to, government regulations, physician orders, policies and procedures of the Medical Imaging Department, and policies and procedures of the hospital.
- Understands and follows established radiation safety rules. Always uses appropriate radiation safety devices to protect self, others, and the patient.
- Consistently produces diagnostic quality films without assistance or supervision.
- Uses good judgment in seeking assistance or supervision when it is needed.
- Consistently uses correct exposure techniques or refers to posted techniques. Shows ability to adapt techniques to various imaging situations. Has minimal repeats due to technique.
- Always selects high kvp for thick anatomical parts to insure adequate penetration and to reduce heat load on the x-ray tube.
- Uses minimal rotor times to protect tube filaments from overheating and premature burnout.
- Adapts techniques to short exposure times on children and uncooperative patients to eliminate motion.
- Moves portable equipment cautiously and slowly crosses floor bumps to minimize jolts to the unit.
- Takes appropriate precautions to prevent patient falls or injury. Insures that unstable patients are not left alone on imaging tables.
- Properly sets up patient, supplies, and equipment before summoning radiologist to begin procedures. Assists radiologists as needed during procedures. Is able to anticipate the radiologist's needs and have appropriate films, supplies, and equipment ready for immediate use.
- Has good working knowledge of digital fluoro system and laser printer.
- Performs all types of portable exams independently with quality results.
- Can produce quality E.R. trauma films quickly while working around others. Can adapt to positioning limitations and cramped working space and communicate effectively to acquire necessary cooperation and assistance from the E.R. staff..
- Carefully performs nursery portables following nurses cautions and instructions in the handling of infants and nursery equipment. Collimates to protect infant gonads and uses lead shields to protect infants. Obtains assistance if needed to obtain a good film and reduce unnecessary repeats.
- Performs all imaging exams in a efficient and professional manner. Effectively communicates with patients to gain their cooperation.
QualificationsWhat qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of a 2 year accredited school of Radiologic Technology or comparable training.
- Current registry with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (A.R.R.T.) within 12 months of hire.
- Current M.R.T. license with the Texas Department of Health.
- Appropriate experience as determined by the Manager of Medical Imaging, and/or Director of Medical Imaging.
- CPR Certification.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website