DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Manager (RN) Flight Nurse to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Since 1976, The Woman's Hospital of Texas has been the state's premier facility dedicated to the health and well-being of women, newborns and children. The hospital's 397 beds offers expertise and outstanding care in breast health, imaging, gynecology, obstetrics, high-risk pregnancy, neonatology, minimally-invasive surgery and pediatric care.
The Woman's Hospital of Texas is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center
Our Managers have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
Manager (RN) - Flight Nurse
What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for oversight of the clinical care provided by HCA Houston Healthcare Air Life, ensuring that it consistently meets or exceeds standard of care. Involved in goal setting, planning, problem solving, clinical education, leading and communicating to clinical staff.
- Assists the Clinical management team in development, implementation and enforcement of new and existing standards.
- Responsible for oversight of quality improvement program to ensure HCA Houston Healthcare AirLife division carries out its goals and mission.
- Oversees the Quality Improvement program, including, but not limited to, clinical chart review, statistical analysis, multidisciplinary dashboard and focused audits using an electronic quality management tool
- Responsible for problem solving and follow-up on clinical questions or concerns on training, quality and compliance through collaboration with appropriate personnel.
- Implements and enforces HCA Houston Healthcare Air Life clinical standards in collaboration with the Medical Director, ensures clinical crew reports show compliance to local, state, Commission of Air Medical Transport t Systems (CAMTS) and air vendor and applicable regulatory standards
- Ensures compliance with HCA Houston Healthcare AirLife initial clinical orientation and annual education requirements
- Meets and maintains all qualifications as a flight nurse
- Directly supervises employees at the Clinical base(s). Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with HCA Houston Healthcare policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, selecting, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Current RN licenses(s) for states of practice.
- EMS or MICN certification/licensure as required by state regulations.
- Current certifications in Healthcare Provider BLS/CPR; ACLS; PALS or equivalent and TNCC/ITLS/PHTLS advanced provider.
- Specialty certification: (CFRN, CCRN or CEN) required within two (2) years of hire.
- Advance trauma course: one (1) of the following is acceptable: ATLS/ATCN, TNATC or CAMTS-approved advanced trauma course prior to completion of third rider orientation. (Please note advanced skills lab must accompany all of the above mentioned advanced trauma courses).
- NRP certification prior to completion of third rider orientation.
- Annual EMTALA training
- NIMS Training IS 100, 200, 700, 800 and HazMat upon hire.
- BSN from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Master's Degree in nursing, business, or health related field preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years flight experience.
- Pre-hospital experience preferred.
- One (1) year management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of local healthcare market dynamics and state regulatory requirements, preferred
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physician partners. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten of our HCA Healthcare facilities have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website