DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Laboratory Manager to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood– Kingwood, Texas
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is a 439-bed acute care facility that has provided quality care to the Lake Houston area for over 25 years. It is home to the area's only comprehensive cardiac, neuroscience and women services programs. Our Women & Children's Center provides Level II and III neonatal intensive care units, high-risk obstetrics, a breast diagnostic center, a designated pediatric unit, and the area's only pediatric emergency department.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Is responsible for the daily operations of the laboratory, to include scheduling and direct supervision of all laboratory personnel.
- Performs clinical laboratory testing in all/or designated areas. Investigates and resolves problems/complaints from physicians, patients and their families, nursing, and other hospital personnel.
- Insures that laboratory policies and procedures are being followed by laboratory employees. Responsible for follow up, reviewing, and reporting all quality assurance issues including proficiency testing and departmental quality control.
- Provides counseling and instruction to employees as designated by the Laboratory Director. Communicates to Laboratory Director all issues concerning the functioning of the laboratory, and works closely with the Director to resolve such issues.
- Assist with preparation of bi-annual CAP inspections. Completes technical or special projects as assigned.
- Must be capable of making management decisions in the absence of the Laboratory Director.
- Responsible for reviewing daily reports as assigned. Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the neonate, infant child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population. He/she will perform tasks as assigned by the Laboratory Director within his/her scope of training.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Medical Technology or related area of specialty
- Certification/registration as a Medical Technologist MT (ASCP) or equivalent, required
- Four years experience in a clinical laboratory
- Two to Three years supervisory experience
- Familiarity laboratory equipment, processes and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership skills and problem solving skills
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website