DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Mechanic III to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest - Houston, Texas
Mechanic III - Plant Operations
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is a 423-bed acute care hospital that has been serving the north Houston community for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, neonatal intensive care, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
With minimal supervision, monitors, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs mechanical and electrical systems contained within the Central Energy Plant such as steam and comfort boilers, electrical breakers, medical gas, water filtration systems, etc. to ensure all are maintained in proper working condition. Performs daily inspection and adjustment of fittings such as valves, regulators, automatic-control mechanisms, pumps, energy management systems, tube systems, etc.
- Operates and maintains stationary engines and mechanical equipment, recording systems readings, and performing logging water tests, adding chemicals as needed. Troubleshoots electrical problems, system upgrades, repairs, programming as permitted.
- Corrects problems throughout the hospital to maintain consistent mechanical needs and to insure patient comfort. Performs preventative maintenance on equipment as assigned.
- Performs corrective maintenance based on work order and/or deficiencies noted during daily rounds. Maintains and evaluates related logs and reports of equipment status, repairs and follows up with preventative maintenance.
- Maintains HVAC systems, pumps, motors, valves, control systems and cooling towers. Monitors water treatment systems to prevent scale and corrosion, monitors emergency generators and systems.
- Responds to web request, calls, and pages according to department standards.
- Updates TMS computer program as needed per job duties.
- Evaluates workmanship and products used for in-house special projects, outside general contractors and all others pertaining to discipline.
- Ability to assists Director and/or Supervisor in evaluating special projects and general contractors to insure workmanship meet or exceed state, JC, and other agencies standards.
What qualifications you will need:
- 3 years hospital physical plant experience, required.
- Third Grade Stationary Engineers License required
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website