DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Medical Physicist to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare – North Cypress
HCA Houston Healthcare North Cypress is a 139-licensed bed, general acute care hospital. Our services include the latest, state-of-the-art medical technology and equipment, well-respected area physicians, and an upscale five-star hotel-like ambiance. Designed with patients and physicians in mind, HCA Houston Healthcare North Cypress aims to be the hospital of choice for the northwest corridor.
HCA Houston Healthcare North Cypress is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.What you will do in this role:
The Medical Physicist is a qualified member of the Radiation Therapy Treatment Planning Team who works in direct conjunction with the Radiation Oncologist and is thoroughly familiar with radiation therapy physics and dosimetry. The Medical Physicist will maintain all calibrations and quality assurance measures with all Radiation Oncology machines. The Medical Physicist is capable of working without technical supervision. Daily department activities will be management of the Radiation Therapy Department and technical supervision and teaching of staff will be required. RSO is responsible for maintaining compliance of all Radiation Safety Regulations for protection of staff and patients. Conducting quarterly safety meetings and overseeing all Radiation Safety documents.
- Interpret and implement the standards for:
1. Texas Department of State Health Services - Bureau of Radiation Control Program
3. Texas Department of Health
4. Other regulatory agencies as appropriate
- Perform in a manner consistent with current standards of the profession, position and facility policy and procedures.
1. Evaluate the technical quality and accuracy of Radiation Oncology treatments and procedures.
2. Analyze and report quality control measures for all known or suspected radiation exposure.
3. Collaborate with Director, Radiation Safety and Emergency Preparedness Committees.
- Accept responsibility for the safety of the therapeutic environment.
1. Recognize potential radiation hazards
2. Organize the plan for all emergency precautions in Radiation Oncology.
3. Monitor competency of personnel that validates compliance of Radiation Oncology processes.
4. Accept the role of Dosimetrist as needed. Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
QualificationsWhat qualifications you will need:
- Minimum Education: M.S. in Physics, preferably in Medical Physics
- Minimum Experience: 5 years
- Required Certification: Therapeutic Radiological Physics
- Required Licensure: Texas State Department of Health in Therapeutic Radiology
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website