At HCSC, we consider our employees the cornerstone of our business and the foundation to our success. We enable employees to craft their career with curated development plans that set their learning path to a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Come join us and be part of a purpose driven company who is invested in your future!Job Summary This position is responsible for providing the high-level consultative and strategic oversight for existing accounts to meet retention, service, and revenue targets. Cultivates relationships, identifies sales opportunities, and service accounts to expand the business and meet corporate and divisional sales renewal objectives. This position is the senior level strategic account executive responsible for complex accounts with national member scope. Ability and willingness to travel, as needed. This is a hybrid role, working three days a week in our Houston, TX office.
This is a hybrid role, working three days a week in office and two days remote.
- Responsible for high-level strategic oversight over block of complex national member scope accounts to meet assigned targets of retention, service, new sales/revenue. Accountable for client satisfaction survey results.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationship with clients and brokers.
- Identify customer insurance needs, service needs, and successfully meet those needs.
- Act as point of contact for strategic issues\concerns and serve as liaison between the company and other principles in resolving inquiries regarding all issues of concern.
- Proactively seek out client needs and perform consultative problem solving to address those needs.
- Provide strategic guidance and support to help in core health plan design.
- Provide strategic guidance and support to help define client wellness strategy programs, and initiatives.
- Provide strategic guidance and support to help define client care and medical management strategy, programs, and initiatives.
- Lead long-range account management planning process and review with internal and external customers.
- Serve as a liaison between BCBS subject matter experts and the account, ensuring consistent value add of delivery.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on key health industry topics, including trends, regulatory changes, and public policy.
- Work with other internal HCSC teams to demonstrate our capabilities to clients before the bid is accepted.
- Respond to RFI\RFP request on behalf of existing BCBS Clients, Consultants, and Brokers. May work with and provide oversight of support staff assisting with FRI/RFP requests.
- Participate in the Finalist meeting with the prospective Client, Consultant and the Sales Executive.
- Responsible for the formal implementation kick off meeting for clients and participating departments.
- Manage external activities and resources in partnership with consultant, vendors and brokers on behalf of the client.
- Manage client relationship during implementation.
- Responsible for negotiating, completing and securing signatures on client documents including but not limiting to; BAA, ASO Agreements, etc.
- Coordinate “cultural training” for the Full-Service Units.
- Coordinate and participate Pre-Implementation Audit with client and auditor.
- Participate in analysis and advice based on specific groups utilization, claims experience, and participates in healthcare management activities.
- Proactively provide generated research reports based on customer and industry experiences, and leading practices and benchmarks.
- Lead in introducing new product and service innovation, based upon emerging trends.
- Educate employees\members on the products and services HCSC provides.
- Proactively provide information, including news clippings, industry articles, and other published material.
- Mentor Strategic Account Executives or Account Managers.
- May manage budgets and expenses.
- May attend meetings for Director and lead projects for department.
- Maintain applicable state general agent life and health insurance licenses.
- May travel, as needed.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years' experience in Account Management, Insurance\Sales or Health Care field OR 10 years' experience in Account Management, Insurance\Sales or Health Care field.
- Possess current state General Agent license or willing to obtain General Agent license within 90 days of starting in role.
- Experience presenting in front of a large audience.
- Experience building customer relationships.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Heath insurance\managed care industry knowledge.
- Decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of marketing (related to Account Management) and management techniques.
- Sales negotiation skills.
- Project management skills.
- Analytical skills to develop and analyze reports.
- Consensus building and conflict management skills.
- PC proficiency to include MS Office products.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as needed.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- This is a hybrid role, working three days a week in office and two days remote.
- 2 years of experience as Strategic Account Executive for national accounts.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Liberal Arts, Health Care Administration or Finance.
- HCSC systems knowledge (BlueCHIP, BlueSTAR, accums, CRM, contact management).
- Knowledge of industry trends (including competitor products).
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable sales databases.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at HCSC about our Employee Referral process!HCSC Employment Statement:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website