This position is responsible for performing a variety of human resource functions including; employee relations and support; assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation; employee file maintenance; benefit coordination; initial training; and new employee on-boarding. Coordinates the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries. Supports and trains as backup to HR Manager in all other human resource related areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Facilitates pre-employment drug testing and background screens
- Manages employee onboarding including developing and conducting new employee orientations
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Administers and explains benefits to employees
- Carries out various support activities for the department, such as: general filing and document organization, copies, distribution of material to the areas, events organization, research, etc.
- Participates in development and implementation of activities of HR programs.
- Interviews job applicants, reviews applications/resumes, evaluates applicant skills and makes recommendations regarding applicant's qualifications primarily focused on hourly positions
- Develops and maintains relationship with employment agencies, universities and other recruitment sources
- Maintains and updates company job descriptions as needed
- Coordinates the development and schedules training for manufacturing staff
- Provides advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation
- Provides consultation or expert advice to management
- Coordinates the resolution of policy related and procedural problems and inquiries
- Recommends, develops and maintains human resource data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems
- Assists in the development and makes recommendations concerning operating policy and procedural improvements
- Responsible for assisting AAP in compliance with governmental guidelines
- Assists Safety by providing information and, as needed, coordinates issues relating to Workman's Compensation
- Performs specific research/investigations into operational issues, as requested
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Adheres to quality and safety standards
- Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned
OTHER JOB RELATED SKILLS:
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion when managing sensitive employee information
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with customers, vendors, employees and managers at all levels within the company
- Professional attitude and competence within team environment
- Superior attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness, and ability to meet deadlines
- Shows initiative and independent thinking; ability to manage multiple projects; strong organizational and time management skills
- Possess strong analytical problem solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in standard business software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office) – Experience with HRIS preferred
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English
Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans, disabled individuals or other individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, age or sexual orientation
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience; SHRM-CP and/or PHR certification preferred, or desire to obtain certification(s).
WORK EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three to five years of human resource experience; Manufacturing experience preferred.
Apply on company website