DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Director – Navigation
*This position does require you to be located in or relocate to the Denver, CO market.
Sarah Cannon the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, offers integrated cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for those facing cancer in communities across the United States and United Kingdom. Sarah Cannon's cancer programs include individualized patient navigation provided by oncology-trained nurses, more than 1,000 stem cell transplants performed annually throughout the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network, hundreds of clinical trials, and molecular profiling capabilities. Through its services, Sarah Cannon is providing state-of-the-art cancer care close to home for hundreds of thousands of patients, a number unmatched by any single cancer center.
By bringing together a network of globally-recognized cancer experts, we are collaborating and sharing best practices that address every aspect of the cancer journey, from screening and diagnosis through treatment and survivorship.
Sarah Cannon Research Institute is the research arm of HCA Healthcare's global cancer institute, Sarah Cannon. Focused on advancing therapies for patients, it is one of the world's leading clinical research organizations conducting community-based clinical trials throughout the United States and United Kingdom. Sarah Cannon's network of strategic sites includes more than 275 physicians who engage in research. The organization has led more than 300 first-in-man clinical trials since its inception in 1993, and has been a clinical trial leader in the majority of approved cancer therapies over the last 10 years.
Summary of Position:
The Navigation Operations Director serves as the direct report for a system-wide navigation program and the Sarah Cannon navigation managers. The primary function is to develop and maintain an environment that supports the professional staff and the navigation program. In addition to core navigator functions, the Navigation Operations Director is responsible for managing, organizing, and facilitating key reporting duties including, but not limited to: providing effective navigation services, achieving quality standards, communicating work flow processes, ensuring integration of a multidisciplinary team approach and conducting personal performance reviews with each designated navigator manager in the Sarah Cannon Markets. The Navigation Operations Director ensures the navigation managers have the resources needed to create successful navigation programs.
The Navigation Operations Director functions as a member of the Sarah Cannon team, provides leadership, oversight and quality focused standardization across the enterprise, focusing on the patient experience from point of entry through diagnostic studies, diagnosis and treatment plan for cancer through survivorship. This is accomplished through guiding and directing the navigation managers in the Sarah Cannon Markets.
The Navigation Operations Director assumes responsibility and accountability for the improvement and maintenance of quality navigation reporting.
On an aggregate level, The Navigation Operations Director will track the performance of the Sarah Cannon cancer programs and ensure they are in line with Sarah Cannon goals (growth, quality, practice guidelines, etc.) and identify opportunities to streamline care practices.Duties and Responsibilities Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develops standardized navigation processes for each tumor site being navigated.
- Leads the Sarah Cannon Navigation Advisory Board
- Develops standardized communication processes to tumor site specific navigators across the enterprise.
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of navigation programs and navigation managers, analyzing appropriate internal and external data. Identifies opportunities in collaboration with stakeholders for improving services and patient outcomes.
- Collaborates with the navigation training and education managers to develop education programs designed to assist the navigators in professional and practice development
- Promotes research and develops workflows that encourage research program growth
- Promotes and monitors regulatory agency standards and customer service expectations for the practice of patient navigation.
- Interviews, hires and leads navigation managers, working in collaboration with the market RVPs
- Responsible for operating within an approved budget.
- Ensures quality of care processes and programs for patients, representing “best in class” care
- Serves or leads in appropriate national oncology Patient Navigation associations
- Drives process improvement. Develops and implements a standardized navigation manager reporting package to demonstrate program outcomes and support performance improvement activities.
- Stays current on the latest oncology nursing developments and participates in conferences.
- Ensures service continuity through the entire cancer journey. Develops processes to ensure appropriate mechanisms are put into place in the Sarah Cannon Markets to provide service continuity during both planned and unplanned absence and undertakes succession planning.
- Provides direction and guidance to assigned staff.
- Collaborates with the navigation training manager to ensure nurse managers have the required training and skills. Implements corrective action and conducts performance evaluations.
- Effectively addresses colleague issues in order to promote a productive and healthy work environment
- Effectively addresses and holds navigation managers accountable for performance issues
Minimum Required: Bachelor's Degree (4 Year Program)Preferred: Master's Degree (1-2 Year Program)
- At least 5 years of oncology nursing experience
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) certification
- Previous leadership experience and program development experience
- Ability to work across business lines to address strategic issues of importance and ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Outstanding strategic thinking and management skills
- Excellent communication/presentation skills with ability to communicate effectively to varying audiences
- At least 7 years of oncology nursing experience
- Experience in program development
- Experience as a nurse navigator and / or patient educator in oncology
- Experience in leadership
- Experience in customer service
Do you find this opportunity compelling, if so we encourage you to apply? We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website