DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Salary Estimate: $75982.40 - $113984.00 / year
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.Senior Decision Support Analyst HealthONE Divison We are seeking a Senior Decision Support Analyst for our Division to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data. HealthONE® is the largest healthcare system in the metro Denver area with more than 10,000 employees. As part of the HealthONE family, The Medical Center of Aurora, North Suburban Medical Center, Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center, Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, Rose Medical Center, Sky Ridge Medical Center, Swedish Medical Center, and Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital work together to provide a higher level of care. In addition, our family of services includes seven free-standing emergency departments, numerous ambulatory surgery centers, CareNow Urgent Care Clinics & Occupational Medicine, physician practices, and AIRLIFE-DENVER, which provides critical care air and ground transportation across a 10-state region. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place. • The Medical Center of Aurora: Magnet® designated hospital, Level II Trauma Center, 346 licensed beds
• North Suburban Medical Center: Level III Trauma Center, 157 licensed beds
• Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center & Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children: Level II Trauma Center, 680 licensed beds
• Rose Medical Center: Magnet® designated hospital, Level II Trauma, 422 licensed beds
• Sky Ridge Medical Center: Level II Trauma, 274 licensed beds
• Swedish Medical Center: Level I Trauma, 408 licensed beds
• Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital: 78 licensed beds
• Behavioral Health and Wellness Center at the Medical Center of Aurora: 120 licensed beds
The Decision Support Services Senior Analyst will be responsible for providing strategic reporting and information to division and hospital leadership by analyzing operational volumes, expense & service utilization, profitability, and the organization's competitive position in the marketplace. Additionally, the DSS Senior Analyst is involved in maintaining DSS Report infrastructure, monitoring data quality, and developing new reports, dashboards and data sources.
- Coordinates the use of multiple decision support tools, both within and outside the department, and works to increase integration of databases, reporting systems and other decision support processes across the organization.
- Develops and maintains reports, dashboards and databases for analysis of growth, financial, revenue cycle, payer analysis, physician benchmarking and service line volumes
- Analyzes and organizes qualitative and quantitative clinical, financial and administrative data from multiple sources and synthesizes results into meaningful reports and presentations on a regular basis.
- Working collaboratively with others, defines and supports methods of financial analysis for new and existing ventures, health plan contracts and reimbursement impact.
- Engages in decision-making where changes in operational processes will have data and/or reporting implications.
- Participates in the coordination of a variety of complex and confidential special projects, from planning and design stages through implementation, as needed.
- Manages customer expectations as they relate to project deliverables.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of healthcare financial systems, cost accounting, revenue cycle, coding and budgeting processes.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, platforms and software packages.
- Advancing knowledge of financial management and analytical techniques.
- Knowledge of costing, revenue, and profitability data and the ability to explain to key stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills coupled with good judgment and discretion in interacting with Division and Hospital Management on sensitive political and confidential issues.
- Proficiency in technical writing and graphical presentations.
- Experience developing queries, reports, tabular models and reports using MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS Tabular, and Power BI
- Advanced understanding of SQL including querying, indexing, analytic functions, stored procedures and dynamic SQL.
- Familiarity with data analysis and processing using Python.
- Expert level proficiency in Excel 2010 or higher with demonstrated ability to use nested formulas, pivot and data tables, ODBC connections, and dynamic range names.
- Familiarity with SAP Business Objects, Qlikview, Oracle ESSBASE, Teradata, DB/2, Hadoop, and Meditech (including Open Gate) is desirable.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and re-establish priorities as necessary.
- Ability to influence and solve issues, obtain cooperation and support in a cross-functional and geographically distributed environment.
- Initiative and ability to work independently (self-direction), while thriving in a setting requiring collaboration and teamwork for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Attention to detail that ensures follow through on initiatives implemented and projects undertaken.
- Ability to prepare and present executive reports and presentations.
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Statistics, Accounting, Data Science / Analytics, Healthcare / Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university; Master's degree preferred.
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years of Decision Support, Strategic Planning, Data Analysis, Accounting, or Finance experience in a healthcare environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website