DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have a rewarding opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Pediatric Pharmacy Manager, Centralized Order Entry (COE).
HealthTrust is the supply chain solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees and one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services. HCA operates over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life. If this describes you, we want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary
As COE Pediatric Pharmacy Manager, you will be responsible for monitoring, evaluating and making recommendations to assure the appropriate and effective use of pharmaceuticals for patient care. The Regional Pharmacy Director shall ensure that all Pediatric COE pharmacists use the medication process to assess, plan, intervene when necessary, implement and evaluate patient care in compliance with client hospital policies. The position collaborates with others to develop pediatric policies and procedures, maintain pediatric formulary compliance, and implement informatics-related procedures to ensure optimal patient care for pediatric populations.What you will do in this role:
- Provide pediatric patient care activities to ensure safe and effective drug therapy in a cost effective manner utilizing visibility and communication with the facility, division, and corporate formulary management team.
- Be of service to patients, physicians, nurses and other pharmacists for pediatric pharmacy support
- Maintain and improve job knowledge, skills and competence of adult and pediatric pharmaceutical care
- Lead the creation of facility and division pharmacist education and competency plan for pediatric pharmacist skills
- Lead the development of pediatric policies, procedures, and order sets that are followed in coordination with the pharmacy management teams at the facilities
- Coordinate and assist with the selection and safe use of alternative pediatric medications in response to medication shortages
- Develop operational goals and strategies, workflows, and project teams for the Regional Pediatric Clinical Pharmacists
QualificationsEducation and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or Pharm.D from an accredited college of pharmacy required.
- ASHP accredited pediatric residency or equivalent experience required.
- Five years' hospital pharmacy experience in pediatric pharmacy position preferred.
- Board Certification in Pediatric Pharmacy Services preferred.
- Experience with Meditech preferred.
- Licensed Pharmacist in the state of Texas or able to be licensed in 6 months required.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.Benefits of working at HealthTrust
Our benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include 401k with a company match, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flex spending for both health and day care, life insurance, disability, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website