DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
At HealthTrust we are committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions that leverage its operator experience, scale and innovation. We are headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, and serve over 1,500 hospitals and health systems, and more than 31,000 other member locations including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long-term care and alternate care sites.
HealthTrust is part of the HCA family, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees and one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services. HCA operates over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
This position is responsible to support the implementations, maintenance and communication of the Pharmacy Automation for pharmacy services which includes, but not limited to the Pyxis Enterprise Server solution. This position will be responsible for managing the master pharmacy Pyxis files, coordinating master file synchronization with all division Pyxis servers, Pyxis system data analysis and/or data cleansing to maintain the integrity of the master pharmacy Pyxis files.
- Assess and assist in providing leadership in the area of the Pyxis ES pharmacy system and master file standardization to guide and support corporate and organization's strategy.
- Assimilates information from variety of sources, able to analyze data and make recommendations and executes a course of action.
- Assist in developing and achieving established targets.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates within the hospital or system policies and procedures related to implementation of pharmacy Pyxis standardization and item maintenance.
- Serves as subject matter expert regarding Pyxis ES system
- Researches, corrects, trends, maps, loads data files from multiple divisions and consolidated service centers
- Provides data analysis and/or data cleansing at routine intervals to support optimization of Pyxis item files.
- Manage all Pyxis dictionary requests for new drug adds or changes to the enterprise system
- Align division ES server dictionary files to standard corporate item master file
- Assist in development of annual Pyxis formulary optimization strategy working with system and division leads
- Participates in preparation, implementation and revision of pharmacy staff competencies related to Pyxis file maintenance
- Assist in communicating facility drug file issues and requests to CSC pharmacy team and division pharmacy team.
- Assists with testing and implementation of software upgrades for the Pyxis ES system.
- Work with pharmacy internal control analyst weekly to update item files resulting from shortages, contracting changes or formulary changes.
- Maintains system protocols by reviewing and updating procedures as needed.
- Performs quality assurance monitoring to ensure best practice and compliance with corporate standards
- Assists in development of performance dashboards related to Pyxis ES
- Assists with evaluation of future medication automation products for all vendors considered beneficial to organization
- Interacts and develops relationships with internal and external stakeholders to better understand needs and challenges.
- Continuously defines and improves customer solutions.
- Forecasts, develops and executes automation workflow solutions that will meet future needs of customers.
- Ability to lead and collaborate within a team setting in a variety of functional settings.
- Provides educational opportunities to customers.
- Builds and maintains strong, effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders within Supply Chain, HealthTrust, individual hospitals, hospital systems
- Collaborates with corporate and division teams to track and analyze financial data.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Assists with project implementations as needed
- Provides effective communication which includes verbal and good listening, writing, and presentation skills to a variety of stakeholders from executives to staff.
- Leads and develops the pharmacy automation and inventory specialists providing direction and coaching.
- Demonstrates a track record of success with emphasis on successful execution of solutions.
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills which includes understanding issues, able to simply and process complex issues, understanding the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and mission and value statement.
- Practice and adhere to HealthTrust Solution's policies and procedures.
QualificationsEducation and Experience
- Associates required and Bachelor's degree highly preferred in Finance, Business Management, and Healthcare Administration.
- A minimum of 6 years inventory management, IT solutions, or pharmacy automation experience in an acute care organization or similar setting required.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Power-Point, and Access database, and others as required.
- Must have knowledge of pharmacy activities and duties including drug terminology, pharmacy terminology, and nomenclature.
Benefits of working at HealthTrust
Our benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include 401k with a company match, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flex spending for both health and day care, life insurance, disability, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#HTrustBCOM
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website