DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a PBX Operator you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Retreat Doctors Hospital, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Retreat Doctors Hospital, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As our PBX Operator you will promptly answer all incoming and assist in placing out-going calls, overhead page appropriate personnel, greet all hospital visitors and providing accurate hospital directions; You will respond to code phone or code wall panel alarms, taking priority over any calls except the fire alarm, making sure that appropriate personnel are notified.
- Monitor fire panel alarms and phones where applicable, contacting the fire department and appropriate personnel when needed.
- You will answer hospital visitor questions and complaints, seeking guidance from Director of Security as appropriate.
- You will place and process long distance and Watts Line Calls for various departments and doctors' offices.
- Assist patient rooms by advising how to place local and long distance calls and assisting extensions in determining proper billing in getting outside lines.
- You will process, forward and deliver patient mail and flowers with assistance from volunteer staff.
Retreat Doctors' Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors' Hospital, is one of Healthgrades Top 50 Hospitals in the nation. Retreat is a 226-bed facility offering medical and surgical programs, 24-hour adult and pediatric emergency care and outpatient services. The Retreat Doctors' Hospital campus is also home to the Institute of Urological Health, offering the latest innovations in urological care and surgery. Located in the historic Fan District, we are proud to bring state-of-the-art technology and compassionate care to our neighbors and the surrounding community.
- 2 to 5 years' experience switchboard operator/customer service experience is preferred
- Medical terminology is a plus.
- Hours: Every other weekend 7-3 and Evenings(3-11) / Days(7-3) during the week
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website