DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
ICU RN Plus Nurse Specialty Training Program
Full Time (0.9 FTE), Various Shifts Available
Highlands Regional Medical Center
Highlands Regional Medical Center is offering a great program for Registered Nurses! The ICU Plus Nurse Specialty Program is a unique opportunity that provides a pathway for experienced Acute Care Registered Nurses to transition into the Critical Care Specialty. It is innovatively designed to provide intense training for experienced nurses with a passion to work in the ICU setting. The program will provide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today's Critical Care environment.
The ICU Nurse Specialty Program will be offered:
- June 28th
- August 30th
- November 15th
The ICU Nurse Specialty Program will last for approximately 10 weeks:
- The first four (4) weeks include a combination of interactive classroom discussions, case studies, online learning, hands-on skills training, and simulation with experienced clinical instructors.
- The remaining six (6) weeks are spent at the facility working with an experienced clinical nurse preceptor in the ICU
- Attendance is mandatory for the entire program.
What does the ICU Plus Program include?
- 10 weeks of Intensive Critical Care Specific Training and Education
- AACN Core Curriculum
- AHA Basic Life Support / Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Dysrhythmia
- Critical Care medication management
- Communication Tools based on TeamSTEPPS
- AIDET, SBAR, Patient Experience, Fall Prevention and more
Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full time commitment to the hospital and unit.Facility Description:
Highlands Regional Medical Center is a 126-bed acute hospital providing a full range of Emergency, Surgical and Inpatient and Outpatient services. Serving Sebring, Florida, and the surrounding counties since 1965, Highlands Regional Medical Center offers advanced technology and attracts the most highly qualified physicians and surgeons in the area. The Emergency Room offers the area's only dedicated Senior ER featuring designated parking, hearing amplifiers, optical devices, special attention to discharge planning and one-on-one help with scheduling follow-up appointments. The Orthopedic Institute at Highlands provides patients undergoing joint replacement surgery an upscale environment while also promoting wellness and healing. The hospital specializes in surgical services close to home including minimally invasive procedures, which can result in shorter hospital stays and a faster recovery.
Highlands Regional Medical Center's personnel, consisting of highly trained professionals, are dedicated to ensure consistent excellence in healthcare delivery. We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities as well as living in Sebring, “The City on the Circle,” which is home to the Sebring International Raceway as well as a wide range of boutique and gallery shopping opportunities, fine and casual dining, and a host of parks and lakes that satisfy all recreational interests.Benefits:
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Highlands Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
• Student Loan Repayment*
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position
- Acute Care Hospital Experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- FL RN Licensure, or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Strong communication skills required
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website