HOMESTEAD MIAMI SPEEDWAY
Homestead-Miami Speedway celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2020, as it continues to generate more than $301 million of annual economic benefit. The Speedway was home to NASCAR's championship races from 2002 through 2019 – the longest such stretch in pro sports. It is regarded as the most competitive 1.5-mile track on the circuit, and also boasts a 2.21-mile road course, which is used for many racing disciplines throughout the year. In addition to its NASCAR race weekend, the track plays host to events of all types more than 300 days out of the year. During a visit to the track, fans are easily reminded of everything that Miami is known for such as a Wynwood Walls replica, an infield beach party, a slice of the area's Cuban culture, three fresh spring water lakes, and much more!
Corner Workers are stationed at various points around the racetrack and are responsible for observing and monitoring track conditions and communicating with drivers by using flags to warn of track conditions and provide assistance in case of any collisions, accidents or track problems.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide consistent information to drivers using racing flags and signals.
- Observe, monitor and assess track surface conditions.
- Observe competitors for driving behavior and their cars mechanical condition.
- May be called to assist during an accident
- Communicate information to Race Control, stewards, Operations, and emergency medical responders.
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid Driver's License
- Racing knowledge
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and radio communication skills
- Must be willing to work days, nights, weekend, occasional holidays and special events
- Must be comfortable working in an outside environment in all non-life threatening weather conditions (i.e.: heat, cold, light rain, etc.).
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must attend mandatory annual training and complete required online training initially and annually.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
Apply on company website