HOMESTEAD MIAMI SPEEDWAY
Homestead-Miami Speedway celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2020, as it continues to generate more than $301 million of annual economic benefit. The Speedway was home to NASCAR's championship races from 2002 through 2019 – the longest such stretch in pro sports. It is regarded as the most competitive 1.5-mile track on the circuit, and also boasts a 2.21-mile road course, which is used for many racing disciplines throughout the year. In addition to its NASCAR race weekend, the track plays host to events of all types more than 300 days out of the year. During a visit to the track, fans are easily reminded of everything that Miami is known for such as a Wynwood Walls replica, an infield beach party, a slice of the area's Cuban culture, three fresh spring water lakes, and much more!
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Employee will be responsible for track preparation, maintenance, and restoration.
- Track cleaning (sweeping, blowing, applying and picking up absorbent, washing/scrubbing fluids off of the track, etc.).
- Track preparation (setting walls, cones, tires, cabling, belting, air walls, etc.).
- Reconfiguring the track between oval, full road course, modified road course, short road course, and drag strip.
- General maintenance around the facility.
- The ability to operate many different pieces of equipment including vehicles, lifts, and other heavy machinery.
- Installing and storing signage throughout the property.
- Assist with fleet management and inventory.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Hours will vary but will include all hours of operation, evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary to attend events and to fulfill job responsibilities. Acceptance of work hours customary in the field of sport/entertainment is necessary.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Florida driver's license.
- Experience in and around motorsports is preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and high, precarious places. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions, risk of electric shock, vibration and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud but can be very loud at times.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
Apply on company website