Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system, UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial Hospital, as a Clinical Staff Pharmacist in the Inpatient Pharmacy.
In this role as a Clinical Staff Pharmacist, you will provide a quality level of comprehensive pharmaceutical services demonstrating sound judgment based upon knowledge and application of professional, departmental and organizational principles and standards. Clinical staff pharmacists serve as a department resource and liaison to other departments, hospital personnel, or external groups. They proficiently manage and facilitate the appropriate use of medications according to professional and regulatory standards.
The person in this role demonstrates the necessary skills and knowledge to provide care to the patient population served by the organization which includes pediatric, adult and geriatric patients. The Clinical Staff Pharmacist is responsible for providing pharmaceutical care consistent with departmental/hospital philosophy, mission statement, professional standards, and policies and procedures, in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors. Observes and adheres to all corporate compliance requirements and communicates issues as they arise to the appropriate parties as identified in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
Essential Job Functions
- Completing accountabilities and goals set forth with accuracy, thoroughness and timeliness. Acting in compliance with corporate and departmental standards, regulations, policies and procedures. Achieving successful outcomes.
- Delivers direct patient care and clinical practice, including decentralized and service-based programs
- Provides pharmaceutical services throughout various nursing units in the hospital
- Prepares & dispenses medications and pharmaceutical supplies as prescribed by physicians and other qualified prescribers, according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Oversees IV Room related activities and ensures technicians are complying with departmental policies.
- Participates in the provision of clinical services in the department
- Maintains proper documentation and records of accountability for drug use and storage
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives
- Participates in the orientation and training of pharmacy personnel, students and allied health professionals
- Demonstrating innovation and creative thinking. Developing self and/or others through continuing education. Expanding current area of responsibility. Participation in revenue enhancement opportunities
- Establishing and maintaining positive and productive working relationships by resolving conflict effectively and promoting teamwork
- Provides drug information to patients, physicians and allied health professionals
- Assists in enhancing productivity and efficient operation of the department
- Must hold current valid registration as a pharmacist in the State of Illinois
- Knowledge and understanding of general hospital operations and regulatory compliance
- Basic Life Support certification.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attained the professional degree in pharmacy from an ACPE accredited school (B.S. in Pharmacy, or Pharm.D.)
- 2 years or more of hospital experience as a registered pharmacist
- PGY-1 rotation completed
- Job Type/FTE: Full time
- Shift: Rotating (8-hr)
- Unit/Department: Inpatient Pharmacy
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website