Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Physical Therapist for our Tinley Park
In this role as a Physical Therapist, you will be consistent with the American Physical Therapy Association, and the Illinois Physical Therapy Practice Act, Physical Therapists examine, evaluate, test and work to alleviate mechanical, physiological or developmental impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or other health and movement related conditions; classifying these disorders, determining a rehabilitation prognosis and plan of therapeutic intervention and assessing the ongoing effects of the interventions.
The Physical Therapist involves the patient/client and appropriate others in the planning, implementation, and assessment of the plan of care. The physical therapist, in consultation with appropriate disciplines, plans for discharge of the patient/client taking into consideration achievement of anticipated goals and expected outcomes, and provides for appropriate follow-up referral.
The Therapist knows, follows and actively supports the philosophy, mission and vision of Ingalls Memorial Hospital. Adheres to all hospital policies, procedures and standard of care. Observes and adheres to all corporate compliance requirements and communicates issues as they arise to the appropriate parties as identified in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Recommends appropriate treatment intensity and discharges patient when the individual no longer meets criteria for level of service, meets goals, reaches prior level of function or is no longer in need of benefiting from skilled intervention.
- Evaluates home environment for hazards or barriers to safety.
- Identifies equipment needs for patient.
- Assesses patient's overall potential for rehab. Participates in the development of the total plan of care for the patient.
- Develops goals and treatment plan based on evaluation results, prognosis, patient, family, and/or caregiver goals.
- Communicates plan of care to referring physician and other health care team members.
- Teaches new skills or retrains patient in once familiar mobility activities that have been lost due to illness or injury, in accordance with Agency policy.
- Trains patient in the use of prosthetic devices.
- Maintains appropriate clinical records, clinical notes, and reports to the physician any changes in the patient's condition. Submits all records in accordance with Agency policy.
- Identifies patient needs for other home health services and refers as necessary.
- Communicates effectively with team members, staff, other health professionals, patient, family, and/or caregiver to achieve optimum care for patient, facilitate team interaction and positively represent the Agency.
- Attends and contributes to in-services, case conferences, and other meetings as required by Agency policy to ensure coordinated and comprehensive patient plan of care.
- Instructs patient's family/caregiver and other Agency health care personnel in assisting with the patient's treatment regime when indicated.
- Participates in discharge planning which may include educating patient, family, and/or caregiver, providing a home exercise program, and recommending appropriate follow-up care.
- Commits to one hundred percent (100%) patient and customer satisfaction by always exhibiting a courteous and helpful manner during interactions with others, including patients, families, visitors, physicians, students, and co-workers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited program with minimum Bachelor's Degree, Master's or Doctorate preferred.
- Licensed, or eligible, in the state of Illinois with Notification of eligibility for examination.
- Basic Life Support Certification.
- Job Type/FTE: Registry, 0.10
- Shift: Rotate
- Unit/Department: Therapy- Tinley Park
Must comply with Ingalls Memorial Hospital's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website