Risk Manager, Full Time Days (1.0 FTE)
The primary function of this position will be to work with clinicians and administrators within the Medical Center to conduct pro-active risk assessments, to review and investigate occurrence reports, adverse and sentinel events, and patient care complications and to identify patient safety issues, potential liability concerns and systems breakdowns.
Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing
Experience and Training:
- Preferred hospital experience of at least 5 years in a clinical or administrative role with specific experience in dealing with patient safety, risk management and/or quality.
- Preferred Risk Management work experience of at least 2-3 years.
- Experienced in process improvement methodologies, e.g., FMECA, SWOT Analysis or Lean methodology preferred.
- Working knowledge of DNV and Joint Commission standards.
- Excellent oral, and interpersonal written communication skills, poise in teaching and consulting.
- Strong organizing and data management skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, data base and graphics to design and implement monitoring and evaluation tools.
Current Professional Registered Nurse Illinois License required
Apply on company website