Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a RN/ Case Manager, Occupational Medicine at our Tinley Park location.
In this role as an RN/ Case Manager, Occupational Medicine reports to the Director of Occupational Medicine, the RN Case Manager is responsible for the direction, planning and implementation of care and case management as it involves the patient's continuum of care. This includes daily management of treatment and/or results related to the case management for all injury patients.
The RN Case Manager ensures optimum utilization of resources, service delivery and compliance with external requirements (i.e., results reporting, referral to specialists, further diagnostic testing, admission to hospital, etc.). Participates in multidisciplinary team meetings with the Medical Director regarding the planning and implementation of patient care. The RN Case Manager participates in gathering and reporting data to management, clients, and workers' compensation carriers; plans and tracks variances, LOS, cost and outcomes. Schedules and coordinates, in conjunction with the patient's treatment plan, all necessary treatment services to include diagnostic testing, specialist appointments, surgical consults, and rehabilitation services. Provides employers and workers' compensation carriers with the medical information necessary to progress the patient's treatment and obtain payment for services. Ensures that all patient paperwork is complete and accurate before releasing results to the employer and/or workers' compensation carrier. Facilitate communication (verbal and written) with medical providers, employers, and management in order to analyze clinic needs, identify problems and evaluate overall case management performance with recommended performance improvements documented. Responsible for the formulation and maintenance of referral statistics, coordination to ensure network compliance and facilitate case management meetings and communication when necessary. Demonstrates ability to handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise and professional manner. The RN Case Manager educates and leads the process in accreditation/ regulatory bodies' requirements for clinical practice, patient care and quality/process improvement. Leads in the development, education and implementation of quality improvement standards, standards of practice and standards of care. Acts as a liaison between the health-care medical providers, patient's employer, workers' compensation carrier, and, if applicable, specialist referrals and other health-care professionals providing patient care.
- Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois with a minimum of three (3) years clinical experience in occupational medicine.
- Minimum of three years' experience in a case management function preferred.
- Certification in Case Management or actively pursuing upon hire preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, families and staff. Ability to function effectively independently and in an extended team environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; good time management skills.
- Good judgment and decision making skills.
- Demonstrates ability to handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise and professional manner.
- Occupational Medicine Regulations preferred
- Current knowledge of laws and regulations that govern occupational and environmental health and safety
- RN License
- Certified Case Manager
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time
- Unit/Department: Occupational Medicine- Tinley Park
- CBA Code: Non
Apply on company website