Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine, Ingalls Memorial Hospital as a Staffing Coordinator at our Harvey, Illinois location.
As a Staffing Coordinator under the direction of the Director of Patient Care Services and/or Manager of Staffing Resources, the staffing coordinator is responsible for the daily duties inherent in the Central Staffing office including all clerical functions, receptionist and staff duties in support of the inpatient nursing units' scheduling efforts to ensure safe, adequate, cost effective staffing, while maintaining up-to-date and accurate computerized scheduling system. The Staffing Coordinator is an expert resource to managers and staff related to the functionality of the electronic staffing system.
Essential Job Functions
- Anticipates and takes a pro-active approach to achieve appropriate staffing across all patient care areas.
- Provides staffing which facilitates cost effective operations.
- Ability to deal effectively, empathetically, and professionally with all patient care units in striving for effective and efficient staffing.
- Demonstrates a positive, supportive attitude when providing assistance to managers, staff, and outside staffing agencies
- Communicates daily with Patient Care Services' unit leadership and/or designee, Directors, and Administrative Coordinators regarding staffing needs, issues, and census.
- Assist with the coordination of agency staff under the direction of the Director, Manager, or Administrative Coordinator.
- Maintains accurate personnel records in accordance with the Department of Patient Care Services, hospital standards, and in compliance with external and regulatory agencies.
- Maintains accuracy of payroll system for designated cost centers and directs/assists employees to problem solve payroll questions and issues.
- Performs clerical duties relating to any disposition of a deceased patient to funeral home or coroner office in an accurate and tactful manner.
- Provides ideas to leader regarding job functions and responsibilities.
- Handles incoming telephone inquiries from leadership, staff, and outside staffing agencies.
- Requires the ability to handle a variety of tasks with speed, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be discreet in the use and divulgence of confidential information following all HIPAA guidelines.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 1-3 years experience in healthcare setting
- Ability to effectivly communicate verbal and written communication.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; good time management skills..
- Ability to type 50+ words per minute.
- Associates degree Preferred
- 2-4 years experience in healthcare setting
- 1-2 years experience in Staffing/Coordinator
- Advanced MS Office experience
- Job Type/FTE: Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Evening (8 hr shift)
- Unit/Department: ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATORS
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website