Lightning Source Australia Pty Ltd, an Ingram Content Group company, is the leader in providing a comprehensive suite of inventory-free on-demand print and distribution services for books to the publishing industry. Lightning Source gives the publishing community options to print books in any quantity, one to 10,000, and provides its customers access to the most comprehensive worldwide bookselling channel in the industry. We provide secure, cutting-edge, and profitable answers to the questions our publisher partners have about the changing opportunities in the book industry.
Ingram Content Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted distributors of physical and digital content. Thousands of publishers, retailers, and libraries worldwide use our products and services to realize the full business potential of books, regardless of format. Ingram Content Group has earned its lead position and reputation by offering excellent service and creating innovative, integrated solutions. Our customers have access to best-of-class digital, audio, print, print-on-demand, inventory management, wholesale and full-service distribution programs.
Become a part of an innovative team helping to revolutionize the way publishers make books available in an on-demand world and helping to revolutionize the way that publisher content reaches readers around the world!Job Description
Essential Job Duties:
· Manage goods inwards/outwards
· Receive goods inwards and forward to the recipient/department in accordance with procedures
· Packaging and dispatch of books to customer outlets
· Ship goods outwards ensuring that they are clearly labelled and addressed correctly
· Ensure returned books are notified to Client Services
· Monitor and report necessary replenishment of supplies
· Maintain housekeeping in distribution, goods inwards, loading bay area
· Work to set procedures in accordance with quality controls
· Liaise with external distribution services, couriers and shipping handlers
· Ability to interpret packing slips, receipts, invoices etc
· Must be able to fill out various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers
· Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and able to interpret written guides used to convey specific packaging requirements.
· Must be familiar operator with material handling equipment – pallet trucks etc
· Assist with and undertake any Production Floor Operative duties as deemed necessary from time to time due to business demands
· Assist in Quality Control
· Database entry of information
· Experience with DHL / UPS / other carriers software is desirable.
· To be responsible for your own Health and Safety and be aware of factors affecting your colleagues
in order to maintain a safe environment.
· To report any accidents, potential hazards to your Line Manager immediately.
Qualifications (Typical Experience, Typical Education, Knowledge/Skills/Abilities):
o 1 year of manufacturing / warehouse related experience in shipping and receiving
o Good understanding of all distribution practices, export requirements, etc
o Fork lift driver's license is desirable but not essential.
o Minimum of a high school education School Leaver - Maths & English
o Required to read and write English, and use simple math
o Follow verbal and written instructions
o Good understanding of all distribution practices
o Keen attention to detail
o Problem solving
o Good customer relations
o Good verbal and written communication skills
o Keen attention to detail
o IT skills
Essential Physical Demands:
o Ability to lift/carry in full range of motion up to 20kgs during the assigned shift – up to 15kgs frequently and up to 20kgs occasionally
o Ability to walk and stand as needed
o Ability to grip/grasp as needed
o Ability to push/pull in a warehouse environment up to 30kgs force to pull/push as needed
o Ability to bend, squat/kneel, twist/turn, climb, crawl, reach above shoulder, and type/keyboard frequently
o Ability to work flexibly which could include nights and weekends
o Ability to travel as needed
o Exposure to wide range of temperaturesAdditional Information
- Competitive salary
- Training Opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- Free Hot drinks
- Service Awards
Apply on company website