Req ID: 34882
Chicago, IL, US, 60606
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Your role in helping us shape the future:
In this role you will be recognized as an Associate Quality Engineer within the company. Through cross functional collaboration, you will drive performance and compliance of Intelsat's Quality Management System (QMS) to customer and regulatory requirements.
Your activities will range from developing procedures, participating in correction action teams to solve complex problems, performing audits, to supporting supply chain, design, and certification teams. If you desire to be a part of a team that has a daily impact on company success, this is a great opportunity for you.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Quality Management System activities
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure compliance to QMS requirements
- Participate in and manage Corrective Action Requests (CARs), ensuring responses are implemented and effective
- Participate in and assist managing the Internal Audit program
- Implementing and managing Continuous Improvement projects with cross functional teams such as Engineering, Program Management, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Configuration Management, Legal, Contracts, and Operations
- Maintain QMS records
- Participation in third party audits (e.g. FAA, customers, registrar)
- Review and approve Engineering Change Orders (ECO) and submit Engineering Change Requests (ECR), as required
- Develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reports, and report results to management, as necessary
- Production Operations activities
- Performing and/or auditing Receiving, In-Process, and Final Inspection activities
- Conducting and auditing First Article Inspection activities
- Develop and manage internal and/or customer specific quality plans
- Conducting Airworthiness Inspections
- Other responsibilities as directed and necessary for the business.
Can you drive these processes?
Develop, implement, and maintain Quality Assurance / Quality Engineering methodologies, systems and practices which meet Intelsat Quality, customer, and regulatory requirements.
You should definitely have:
- BS Degree in Engineering (e.g. electrical, mechanical, aeronautical, or industrial)
- Knowledge of quality, manufacturing, and/or process engineering
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting engineering drawings and schematics (mechanical & electrical), with a basic understanding of GD&T
- Knowledge of statistics and statistical methods
- Knowledge of AS9100 and/or ISO 9001 QMS and manufacturing environment
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and collaborative communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
It would be nice if you had:
- ISO Auditor Certification
- ASQ CQE Certification
- 6 Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Familiar with FAA regulations and requirements pertaining to the commercial aviation industry, including 14 CFR Part 21 and 145
Other Job Information:
You will need critical judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Provide Quality Engineering support in the design, assurance, quality tools, and Quality Systems to ensure that the products and systems conform to established specifications and consistently meet or exceed the requirements of our customers and the FAA.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Gogo Commercial Aviation, an Intelsat company is the inflight internet company, recently acquired by Intelsat, the world's largest satellite network operator. Our offerings bring worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services that make internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that's just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy, Metra and L-friendly environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
- Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Apply on company website