Req ID: 34342
Travel: Less than 30%
Paumalu, HI, US
Education: High school or vocational school completed
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Reporting to the Manager, Teleport the Electronics Technician for Intelsat General Communications (IGC) partners with a team of engineers and technicians operating and maintaining scientific and telecommunications sites on the island of Oahu.
Are you up to the challenge?
• Apply specialized skills in working with large aperture antennas (60ft and over)
• Perform routine on-site installation, preventative maintenance, routine repair of electronic and electromechanical equipment and products
• Ensure system performance of scientific and communications equipment delivers the highest standard of service to our customers
• Maintain RF systems and large antenna structures
• Assist with facilities maintenance activity
• Work directly with IGC customers to support the delivery of services and initiatives
You should definitely have:
• High school or vocational school completed with some technical training
• At least 3 years of demonstrable experience working with large antenna (60ft and over) that operate across the entire RF spectrum.
• Understanding of the principals, theories and operations of large apertures (>60 ft).
• Demonstrable experience installing, configuring, and sustaining RF systems and hardware components.
• Demonstrable experience testing and troubleshooting complex communications systems and providing formal problem reports.
• Demonstrable experience maintaining inflatable radomes.
• Must be a US Citizen with favorably completed DoD National Agency Check with Law and Credit (NACLC) and current DoD-granted Secret security clearance permitting access to information classified SECRET.
• Good organizational and multi-tasking/.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on customers, teamwork and collaboration.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Ability to travel locally to support NRL owned antennas.
It would be nice if you had:
• Current DoD-granted Top-Secret security clearance with the eligibility of SCI
• Knowledge of network protocols and concepts
• Knowledge of facility systems such as HVAC, UPS, electrical switchgear and generating systems.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including DTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- Must be a US Citizen with favorably completed DoD National Agency Check with Law and Credit (NACLC) and current DoD-granted Secret security clearance permitting access to information classified SECRET.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Apply on company website