Req ID: 34349
Travel: Less than 10%
Chennai, TN, IN
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 5 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Your role in shaping the future
As a leader in the Network Operations Center, you will be responsible for leading a team NOC Technicians and Engineers in a 24/7/365 real-time monitoring & surveillance environment. The Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager is a vital position responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the staff and infrastructure that supports the Managed Media services for Intelsat. This individual will manage a large team of NOC staff that is responsible for providing a consistent, high-performing level of service to the Managed Media customers and their services. The NOC Manager will need to exhibit strong leadership and technical traits that provide constant communication, allowing for a continuous feedback to and from the NOC Teams. Service Availability and operational excellence need to be top of mind while engaging with the team.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Promote Intelsat's culture of employee empowerment, continuous learning, customer advocacy and operational efficiencies in a global setting leading the NOC teams that support both Business-to-Business (B2B) and Business-to-Customer (B2C) services and products
- Manage a team of support engineers ensuring network reliability, network and service availability, and compliance with customer service agreements
- Create, manage, and facilitate professional development of direct reports and individual contributors
- Developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas to remove barriers that hinder the team's overall performance
- Ensure the team is adhering to Incident Management, Problem Management, Monitoring Response, and Reporting/Metrics best practices
- Ensure the oversight, organization, and motivation of all the team members of the NOC
- Provide tactical operational service support and escalation for the NOC and its customers, including the satellite fleet, teleports and terrestrial networks carrying commercial traffic, corporate enterprise and satellite flight operations
- Lead by example, challenge functional status quo, manage and develop processes to document customer issues and leverage trends and impact analyses in the overall service enhancement.
- Manage all technical and operations aspects for the global response of the Network Operation Centers
- 24/7 responsibility for service and network availability
- Build, develop, and lead remote and onsite team of technical NOC resources
- Ensure processes and resources are aligned towards achieving committed SLAs and KPIs
- Proactive communication on network health, impacts, executive escalations, and other critical analysis to Management and key stakeholders
- Lead recovery team for network outages and ensure team timelines are created for postmortem activity and participation
- Lead, supervise, and manage a team of highly skilled individuals who look after the day-to-day operations of all network services within Intelsat
- Provide high level technical support for all advanced network services including core, metro, and international networks, business services infrastructure, and other technical hardware or software, as required
- Utilize reports to gain performance of the network and performance of staff
- Provide executive level reporting to inform decision making
- Act as the liaison between the technical team and internal customers such as Engineering, TelOps, Asset Management, etc.
- Investigate methods and procedures to better monitor our network and respond to issues
- Provide informal training to NOC staff as well as other technical departments
- Develop and enhance staff technical and leadership skills
- Other duties, as assigned
- Assist with budget forecasting, financial forecasts relating to Network Operations
- Assist with identification of process gaps and automation opportunities.
- Align resource support to operational readiness on new and emerging technologies.
- Drive and manage complex production support issues
- Provide feedback and recommendation for Operations Support Systems (OSS) Tools improvements, regarding process flows, event management and correlation
- Participate with project management personnel to ensure designs interface correctly with existing configuration and that adequate system equipment exists for future needs
You should have:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Assurance (or) Higher with a minimum of 5 years Network Operations experience or minimum of 8 years Network Operations experience.
- 1 or more years working knowledge of satellite, and RF related theory and equipment
- Knowledge of network management platforms including but not limited to: Netcool, Remedy and/or ServiceNow, etc.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of Satellite Network Platforms, i.e. iDirect, Gilat, Comtech, Newtec.
- 2 or more years of hands-on experience in operating and/or maintaining Satellite Network Platforms.
- Experience ITIL Management Suites such as Service-Now or Remedy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership skills including ability to communicate appropriate detail to all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to manage remote teams in multiple time-zones.
- Strong analytical skills, proven functional and technical analysis skills, professional client interaction.
- Strong follow-through and initiative to stay with issues until they are resolved, along with discipline and tenacity to meet deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced with aggressive deadlines.
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work extended hours as required, including overnight and weekend hours as needed
- Ability to support on-call, as needed
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Apply on company website