Req ID: 34521
Travel: Less than 40%
McLean, VA, US, 22102
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 10 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Your role in helping us shape the future:
This role focuses on the commercialization of Media services for the Americas region. The role partners with Sales and other groups within the Media Business Unit to maximize the impact of Media commercial activities in North America and Latin America through adequate strategies, go-to-market approaches and supporting tactics. A key focus is to strategically plan ahead to secure renewals, maintain high yield, grow new business and ensure product alignment with market needs and customer business models.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Act as the lead and subject matter expert for the America's Media market and for the Media product portfolio as it applies to the Americas.
- Develop data-driven insights on Intelsat's portfolio and competitive positioning, top customers' business, and other relevant topics, to help Sales secure renewals and grow new business from existing customers and new logos in North America and Latin America.
- Develop Sales tools, training, and resources (e.g. value proposition for each element of the Media portfolio, market and industry analyses, Tier 1 customer dossiers, product briefs applied to the Americas, pricing analyses, etc.) in collaboration with Product Management, Product Marketing, Sales Enablement and Pricing Teams.
- Develop the Media regional Go-To-Market plans for North America and Latin America, jointly with Sales and Media Product Managers, assessing market trends and their impact on the upcoming renewal waterfall and opportunities for new business, as well as a sound pricing strategy and other important components of the Media regional commercial strategy.
- Monitor Media performance (including revenue, neighborhood yield, etc.) in the Americas through adequate dashboards and KPIs and propose necessary course-corrections as needed.
Can you drive these processes?
- Work with Sales to aggregate feedback from the field on customer's satisfaction from existing products and requirements for potential enhancements.
- Identify opportunities for raising Intelsat's profile in each region through events, marketing campaigns and promotion, in collaboration with Product Marketing.
You should definitely have:
- A 4-year degree in Business from an accredited university (or an Advanced degree in business with (8) years of the experience described below).
- At least 10-years of recent, relevant experience in product management, sales and/or marketing within the Media or telecommunications arena with specific expertise in the Americas market.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally 20-40% as needed to meet business demands.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to multi-task and well-developed organizational skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and networking skills.
- Technical competence with tools, software, operations.
It would be nice if you had:
- Written and oral proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including DTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Apply on company website