Req ID: 33446
Travel: Less than 20%
London, LND, GB, W4 5YF
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Senior Sales Engineer, Europe
Your role in helping us shape the future:
You should have a passion for excellence. You will enjoy identifying customer needs, then designing technical and operational solutions to meet and exceed those needs. You will apply system level communication engineering expertise to provide pre-sales technical consultancy to existing and prospective customers to add value and drive revenue.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you up to the challenge?
- Anticipate and uncover customer challenges, then solve them by applying engineering skills and delivering on-point solutions to delight the customer.
- Perform communication system design (satellite and terrestrial) and feasibility analysis to develop value solutions that intersect customer needs and Intelsat strategies.
- Assist Sales to identify customer needs and drivers both technically and financially and collaborate with Sales through customer assessments, proposal development and the delivery of effective communications.
- Develop and maintain trusting and collaborative technical customer relationships, both internally and externally.
- Continuously seek to educate and train others on Intelsat products, tools, and operations.
You should definitely have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering
- At least 3-years of recent, relevant experience including:
- at least 1-year of experience in satellite ground segment, and/or broadcasting and/or telecoms.
- experience in capacity management and/or systems engineering and/or other pre-sales engineering functions.
- Effective English language communication skills, both verbal and written; including the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to interact effectively with people of various cultural backgrounds.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of and ability to create accurate link budget analyses.
- Advanced knowledge of digital network communications and RF signal theory, digital satellite network architectures, IP networking. Plus at least basic level knowledge of VSAT networks and platforms as well as TCP/IP protocol suite and network protocols (unicast/multicast, VoIP, IPsec, QoS).
- Willingness and ability to travel the continent up to 20% of the time to meet business needs.
- Ability to occasionally work additional hours as needed to meet business demands.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the telecoms landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job
- This role requires you to sit for long periods of time and work with a computer
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Apply on company website