Req ID: 34343
Travel: Less than 20%
Fuchsstadt, BY, DE, 97727
Education: High school or vocational school completed
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Responsible for the facility maintenance activities an Intelsat Teleport. Ensure operational procedures and the performance of Intelsat station meet the high standard of service for our customers and users. Resolves facility engineering issues in coordination with Facility Engineer and Teleport Operations group.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Perform Facility Maintenance activities, generally requiring little supervision on daily work and only general instructions on new assignments
- Lead the repair of more difficult problems with station facility equipment as requested, with a goal of ensuring equipment availability for operational requirements. This includes but is not limited to Electrical, HVAC Mechanical, Grounds Keeping, Security Systems, and Fire Detection Systems equipment.
- Lead scheduled Preventative Maintenance inspections and reporting any anomalies to Facilities Management or to a Facilities Engineer
- Report any deviations to service availability caused by safety, security, equipment degradation, ground system failure, potential loss of facility system support, or other local conditions (describing the potential loss of revenues or increased risk to company operations if possible)
- Vendor Management role. To be heavily involved with working closely with vendors to make purchasing decisions and grow and maintain vendor relationships. This responsibility includes in researching, obtaining quotes, quality of work, negotiating contracts, managing relationships, accessing jobs, monitoring and evaluating Vendor/Contractor performance, and participate in the invoice approval process to ensuring payments are made to Vendors/Contractors. Establish all Vendors/Contractors PMI schedules and coordinate site visits
- Administer and maintain vendor documents and service records, in the Facility CMMS
- Coordinate and support vendor bids and estimates, creating Statement of Work (SOW) documents in alignment with Intelsat procurement process and contract terms
Can you drive these processes?
- Assist with the development of operational and maintenance procedures
- Support investigation of system enhancements to improve reliability, increase efficiency, simplify operation, or reduce overall operating cost
- Support implementation of new services, such activities will include rack installation, install power wiring
You should definitely have:
- Vocational or technical school education plus 3 years directly related experience
- Fluency in English and German, spoken and written
- Understanding of general maintenance practices for HVAC, UPS, Power Station, Fire Prevention, Security Systems
- Basic understanding of commercial teleport electronic equipment and systems
- Possess basic understanding of OSHA regulations, safety practices for technical environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, layouts, wiring diagrams, and equipment specifications
- Experience scheduling activities related to Teleport maintenance
- Experience resolving for service anomalies
- Ability to climb, and work from a ladder, stooping, sitting, laying, and the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
#Elektroniker #Mechatroniker #Servicetechniker
- Please review the job bidding by current employees section in the employee handbook prior to applying for this position, thank you.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply on company website