Req ID: 34822
Chennai, TN, IN, 600089
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 7 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Gogo Commercial Aviation, an Intelsat company has an exciting opportunity for an User Experience Designer (UX Designer) who enjoys crafting great user experience and will design and develop our next generation airline services platform. You will be part of the team that is building a globally deployed platform for our customers using some best-in-class software technologies. You will conduct research and lead meetings with airlines and passengers to understand how our products are used in context, capturing ideas on how to improve them. After partnering with product and engineering to determine business value, you will work with Agile teams to create concepts to help scope the effort and outcome. You will develop wireframes and prototypes for the best concepts. Your work may be different here because your design has to account for multiple configurations and partners who operate in multiple locales. Along the way, you will check-in with peers, stakeholders, and end-users. As development progresses, you will refine the designs based on learnings from technology and business, while maintaining focus on the user benefits.
Are you up to the challenge?
You are a passionate advocate for the user skilled in envisioning the ideal solution and the journey to achieve it in iterations over time. You are flexible, collaborative, and open-minded as well as willing to share and discuss your point-of-view based on your experiences. As a Sr, UX Designer, you will collaborate with other designers, product managers, and engineers to evolve our passenger-facing in-air web portal and the tools that support it. While a typical day involves detailed design and validation with development as noted above, you will also participate on projects across the organization. You will help create and lead workshops to inform the product roadmap, have consult with marketing to leverage technology to win deals, engage with system engineering to weld the stack together, work with Customer Care to understand passenger pain points, and much more.
We are a small team looking for a candidate willing to jump in head-first to multiple projects and also join us in shaping the department and organization.
Can you drive these processes?
- Design early-stage concepts, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, copywriting, and interactive prototypes for development, QA, and product management. Provide feedback and guidance to other designers on their work.
- Maintain a deep understanding of passenger behavior and how it varies in flight by conducting user research, stakeholder inquiries, and applying other user and task analysis methods.
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to validate software releases achieve intended goals.
- Partner with product throughout the Scaled Agile Framework lifecycle to define new product initiatives that are informed by customer goals.
- Write and iterate features and stories, incrementally validate benefit hypotheses, and develop product roadmaps.
- Support development planning efforts by creating and explaining concepts, refining stories, and estimating work remaining while highlighting any risks to completion.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4-8 years of experience as an UX designer, interaction designer, experience designer, or similar role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading projects, including collaborating with other designers, product managers, developers, and leadership.
- Ability to build out design concepts using Sketch, Figma, or similar design applications
- Experience writing, conducting, and reporting on face-to-face and remote usability tests, and other qualitative research methods
- Experience presenting to leadership and customers
- Strong understanding of current web/mobile standards and conventions
- Familiar with agile development methodologies and experience working with agile teams
- Experience working in an on-shore/off-shore environment and reporting to remote leadership
- Portfolio showcasing work across different industries and user bases.
It would be nice if you had:
Identify any education and experience helpful in performing the role but someone could successfully perform in the role without these (e.g. MBA)
- BA or MBA in design field
- Airline or travel industry work experience
- Experience in global design, localization, and accessibility
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including Leave Benefits, medical and training
• Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
We're Gogo Commercial Aviation, an Intelsat company. We believe the internet should do everything it does on the ground, in the sky. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
Other Job Info:
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Apply on company website