Req ID: 34121
Travel: Less than 10%
Gunma, 10, JP
Education: High school or vocational school completed
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a Technician, you will provide technical support of Radio Frequency (RF), interference events, full-time managed services and network operations functions related to the troubleshooting and the resolution of customer service issues. You will be responsible for receiving and replying to incoming calls or emails to coordinate and schedule services on behalf of customers utilizing full-time resources, site / platform monitoring, network infrastructure, and backhaul. In addition, you will provide the highest level of customer service, in-depth troubleshooting, technical support, analysis and service issue resolution to minimize service interruptions.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Support customer VSAT site commissioning and troubleshooting.
- Monitor full-time managed services as well as teleport RF/IF equipment, associated ground systems.
- Utilize tools and demonstrate basic proficiency to troubleshoot RF or IP signals.
- Participate in routine daily operational activities and alarm monitoring, with the goal of eliminating/mitigating any operational impact to customers.
- Respond in a timely manner to incoming customer calls / emails with professionalism.
- Assist with the monitoring and execution all maintenance coordination activities, including IP routing as necessary.
- Escalate and report on service issue corrective measures to Senior Technicians.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to adapt to new technology requirements, tools, and processes
- Provide support for special projects, initiatives and focus groups
- Create and review trouble tickets for RF interference issues or circuit events to ensure accurate documentation and all follow up actions are completed.
- Manage RMA process of customer VSAT equipment.
- Conduct process reviews and provide tool development input to improve customer service delivery.
- Provide input for the development of departmental workflow, review, update, and write processes & procedures as needed
You should definitely have:
- A high school diploma or vocational school graduate.
- At least three years of commercial experience in a broadcast and/or data environment.
- Current working knowledge of satellite, fiber, data and/or broadcast related equipment.
- Must be able to work 24 X 7 rotating shifts, consistently demonstrate the ability to follow company guidelines in making decisions under stressful conditions in a multi-tasking work environment.
- Must be able to proficiently convey technical issues equally to skilled and unskilled individuals.
- Must have experience working in a bilingual environment with written/verbal skills in Japanese as the primary language and English as the second language.
- Must have and consistently display good team working, organizational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work comfortably with customers and co-workers who speak English as a second language.
- Must have basic computer skills and the ability to read and understand operational manuals for various test and/or measurement equipment.
It would be nice if you had:
- Cisco and/or Gilat related certification is desirable.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Apply on company website