Req ID: 31722
Atlanta, GA, US, 30294
Education: High school or vocational school completed
Experience: At least 1 year of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a NOC Technician, you will provide technical expertise and troubleshooting in support of our mixed vendor Satellite and IP based Broadband Platform network. This technician will also need to ensure that proper escalation procedures are followed, resolution of customer service issues are focused on to ensure the highest level of customer service. This position is also responsible for receiving and replying to incoming calls, emails, and alarms, utilizing multiple tools and resources, to provide troubleshooting, analysis, routine monitoring and system status checks to identify and resolve, service interruptions. You will also facilitate teamwork in direct support of management and focus on professional development as a role model.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Provide operational support and timely response of phone calls and emails through the triage process. Matters include but not limited to; customer terminal accesses, carrier measurements, peak/pols and compression test and internal/external customer notifications.
- Interface and coordinate troubleshooting efforts with other company and partner facilities to resolve service disruptions.
- Utilize tools to interpret and troubleshoot basic RF and IP based networks.
- Timely identify, update and escalate service issues as needed to determine alternate routing, emergency restoral procedures and resolve of service discrepancies.
- Respond in a timely manner to incoming customer calls / emails with professionalism.
- Participate in routine daily operational activities and alarm monitoring, with the goal of eliminating/mitigating any operational impact to customers.
- Monitor full-time managed services as well as RF based Platform Hub equipment, and associated ground systems.
- Perform troubleshooting for all full-time services while consistently following established processes and procedures.
- Assist with the monitoring and execution all maintenance coordination activities, including troubleshooting Platform and IP routing as necessary.
- Work closely with customers to maintain all service level agreements and resolve any RF, teleport and managed service trouble issues.
- Create and review trouble tickets for all full-time services, RF interference issues or circuit events to ensure accurate documentation is maintained and all follow up actions are completed.
- Escalate and report on service issue corrective measures to the Management team.
- Participate in the on-boarding of new systems and assist with satellite transition activities.
- Collaborate with Intelsat support groups and/or premier customer Engineers to integrate new services into the existing operational Intelsat product line.
- Under supervision, initiate emergency restoral procedures and determine alternate routing of services provided by Teleport Operations for Intelsat owned teleports and 3rd party partner teleports
Can you drive these processes?
- Drive a customer-oriented culture, promote a quality work environment and provide a high level of professional, quality customer service at all times.
- Participate and provide Operations with on-call support.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
You should definitely have:
- Must have high school diploma or vocational school graduate.
- At least one year of comprehensive working knowledge of satellite, and RF related theory, Broadband IP based Platforms such as iDirect (Evolution/Velocity), Gilat Skyedge, Newtec Dialog.
- Ability for 24 X 7 rotating shifts
- Be highly capable of following company guidelines in making independent decisions under stressful conditions in a multi-tasking work environment.
- The ability to convey complex technical issues equally to skilled and unskilled individuals.
- Consistently display good team working, organizational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work comfortably with customers and co-workers who speak English as a second language.
- Consistently display situational awareness and take initiative to address both customer issues as well as departmental inefficiencies with little to no supervision.
- Good computer skills and the ability to read and understand operational manuals for various test and/or measurement equipment.
It would be nice if you had:
- Solid grasp of basic RF and IP Networking concepts
- Linux Command Line Knowledge
- Experience operating in a mixed network environment (Juniper & Cisco)
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Apply on company website