Intertek is searching for a LIMS Systems Analyst to join the Global IT team, reporting out of our office in Houston, Texas.
The LIMS Systems Analyst role is responsible to support initiatives such as multiple implementation projects simultaneously, support all user training, and manage other functions to support the Global LIMS (GLIMS) system that is used by almost 100 laboratories globally (Thermo Fisher Scientific's SampleManager LIMS is the underlying GLIMS system).
How you'll make an impact at Intertek:
- Lead and track GLIMS implementation efforts from project initiation, go-live to supporting the system once live
- Initiate implementation projects to set new user expectations, timelines and delivery
- Plan and conduct user training related to LIMS implementations
- Lead and track any required changes from user requirements documents, actual change, initial and user acceptance testing, go-live and support after go-live
- Apply configuration to support new and existing implementations
- Manage multiple implementation projects simultaneously
- Ensure the supporting documents are properly stored on our SharePoint site
- Proactively seeks ways to optimize costs and better leverage IT business systems
- Other duties as assigned
What is takes to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree (Chemistry, Scientific, or IT field); or equivalent in terms of education, training, and work experience (Associates degree +4 years of work experience)
- Multi-lingual communication skills with Spanish and English (preferred)
- 2+ years of experience with an industry standard LIMS system (preferred)
- 2+ years of direct laboratory testing experience (required)
- Broad understanding of testing requirements across various product categories (crude oil, chemicals and finished products) using industry standard testing methods and procedures (ASTM, IP, EN, etc.) as well as non-industry standard methodology
- Proficiency with MS Office products, such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills coupled with exceptional organization
- Ability to work with all employee levels from laboratory technicians to upper management
- Proven ability to develop, document and maintain operational policies and procedures, including the designing and documenting of detailed process flows
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence and the ability to quickly diagnose and solve scientific and technical problems
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts in a user-friendly manner
- Confidence to raise issues and concerns prior to impacting project delivery
Why Work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we Have to Offer
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including
- Fully comprehensive benefits package; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability
- 401(k) with company matching
- Competitive market pay
- Employee referral bonus
- Discounted prices on travel, merchandise, auto purchases
- Tuition reimbursement and much more
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
Apply on company website